Hennessey House Bed and Breakfast
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel(Napa)(Great Value!)
$429
$419
$264
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
The Westin Verasa Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$360
$349
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$319
Hotel Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
$279
$271
SpringHill Suites Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
$187
Andaz Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$399
$379
Hyatt.com
$439
$289
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn(Napa)(Great Value!)
$254
$202
BestWestern.com
$738
$650
All reviewswine and cheesepheasant dreamsother guestscarriage housedowntown napaback porchcookieseach afternoonthe main househouse is beautifuldietary needswithin walking distance of downtownbreakfast was deliciousspent nightslovely roomgracious hostscrackers
Reviewed April 14, 2007

Hennessey House was a beautiful and romantic getaway within walking distance to all of downtown Napa. We stayed in the Fox's Den room in the carriage house out back; it had its own entrance and a private patio. The room was gorgeous and everything smelled so fresh and clean- I felt like we were the first people ever to stay there. Breakfast was absolutely delicious every morning, from the fresh and unique entrees down to the steaming gourmet coffee. Restaurants, wine tasting rooms, shops, and Copia were all a few blocks away; we parked our car and only used it to drive through the countryside. The staff were friendly and helpful, yet unobtrusive and respectful of our privacy. The company at breakfast and at wine and cheese in the afternoon was terrific, because all of the guests were so happy and relaxed. I would positively recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone, and I plan on going back as soon as possible.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank GetOutTheMap
Reviewed April 2, 2007

We stayed in the Duck Nook - a very spacious, lovely room. The rooms throughout the house were all very clean and well kept, easy to relax and unwind in. However, compared to our prior Bed & Breakfast experience in Park City, UT, we were very disappointed by the service and dining experience. The staff was incredibly impersonal - they kept conversation limited to a brief "Good Morning", instead of introducing themselves or making any other conversation. The food was mediocre - the house potatoes and granola were delicious, but the orange blossom french toast rather bland and the muffins tasty but quite dry. The cheese/crackers/wine in the evening were great, but the desserts...what a joke! One day, they put out a platter of dry lemon poppy seed bread...but instead of slices, they were cut into about 1 inch cubes, totalling about 4 slices. My husband and I could have eaten the whole tray...of course we didn't! Some staff were very helpful with directions, making dinner reservations, and addressing my vegetarian breakfast requests. One person was downright rude...we asked them to make a 8pm dinner reservation at Celadon for us one morning. When I checked back in the afternoon to confirm, she responded with "Well, it's at 9pm...that's the best we can do when you ask us at the last minute!" I was appalled by her tone. Overall, while the rooms are wonderful, I wouldn't recommend the Hennessey House to anyone looking for a true Bed & Breakfast experience.

• Stayed: April 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank ducknook
henhouse, Owners at Hennessey House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2007

We are appreciative of the positive comments regarding the room and cleanliness of the Hennessey House. We are sorry to hear that these guests had complaints about their stay. My wife and I are expatriates from Silicon Valley, and we love to provide our guests with the much needed rest, relaxation, and personal service that only a Bed and Breakfast can provide.

This particular guest stayed three nights with us. We had a full house and also received the following feedback during this time from the comment cards we provide in the rooms:

Did you enjoy the breakfast and other Hennessey House food service?
- Fabulous!! Great service as well.
- Your provisions were great – great food. The wine and cheese evenings were enjoyable after a long day of travel

How did you find the hospitality of our staff?
- Everyone at Hennessey House has been wonderful – very helpful and went over and above to make us comfortable and welcome

We are sorry the Sunday breakfast and teatime treats were not to the taste of these particular guests. We would have been grateful if the guest had let us know so we could provide an alternative. As the guest mentions, we make every effort to accommodate special requirements, including taking particular care to provide a vegetarian breakfast every morning for this guest. Our home baked tea time treats are put on the buffet in the early afternoon. The Lemon Poppyseed Cake is quite popular and was apparently enjoyed by many guests.

People come to Napa for different reasons; many choose a romantic destination like Napa so that they can enjoy each other’s company and reconnect with each other. We spoke individually with each innkeeper that may have interacted with these guests. Each innkeeper independently mentioned that the guests seemed to be engaged in private conversation, and focusing on each other. The staff did not wish to intrude on their private conversation. My wife and I and our innkeepers love speaking with guests but we do respect a guest’s privacy as well.

One of our innkeepers did try to make a reservation for these guests at Celedon, but was unfortunately not able to get the time they wanted. The innkeeper felt she owed the guest an explanation, namely that it can be difficult to get a Saturday night reservation to a popular restaurant on the same day. The innkeeper felt badly that this was interpreted as rudeness.

Once again, we are sorry the guests did not enjoy their experience. We wish they had let us know during their stay, as we make every effort for our guests. We are passionate about what we do and want to make sure all guests have an enjoyable experience. Please come and judge for yourselves.

Kevin and Lorri Walsh

Reviewed February 23, 2007

We live a short distance away and have never stayed in Napa before. We were very glad we chose Hennessey House. What a charming B&B located near everything. The staff was wonderful and the food excellent. The Fox's Den was a delight to stay in.

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank Heydere
Reviewed February 1, 2007

We found this B&B thru the internet, and were very pleased with our stay. From the moment we arrived, the entire staff was so helpful. The rooms are very clean and so nicely decorated. It is a truly charming house. Our room was the lavendar lace, it had a fireplace that was so romantic. we were able to glance at all the other rooms and they were just as cute. The staff was what made our experience so great. Always ready to answer questions, giving suggestions, directions etc. The breakfast was AWESOME. We will definitely be back. Thank you hennessey house.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank natashamiami
Reviewed October 3, 2006

I picked this place for our 1st wedding anniversary and couldn't have picked a better place. My wife loved it. From our check in, the staff was extremely friendly, courteous, to our room, which was perfect. It had exactly what I ordered ahead of time, looked exactly like the photos on their website and was perfect with the in room hot tub/bath tub. The bed was so comfortable too.
I would suggest this place for anyone looking for a romantic getaway no matter what the occasion.
The food they prepared was unique and different, but very tasty. They had wine and cheese out in the afternoon and we truly felt like we were among friends at home.
Upon leaving, I left a pair of pants in the room and was called in about an hour and then the staff shipped them to me. I called about another article of clothing a few days later, they located it and sent it to me.
My wife and I loved the journals left from other guests in the room and wrote in it too. Seems everyone enjoys this place.
Kevin and Lori are great owners and you should stay there if you go to Napa anytime soon!

Rob and Taniea