Hennessey House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 3, 2013

From the large sized clean and well decorated rooms to the amazing service, Hennessy House is one of the best B&B's I've stayed at. Amazing Breakfasts every morning, snacks in the afternoon and wine and cheese in the evening, not to mention the complementary Port and Chocolates in each room are all included with your stay. Great area recommendations and discount cards for tastings at wineries were also provided. They cater to your needs whether it's food allergies or anything else you may need. I also loved that Hennessey House was walking distance to down-town Napa!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My friends and I stayed in the Lavender Lace room in mid-May 2013 and were pleasantly surprised and charmed by Lorri, the house, and our room. We had expected a tight fit since we had booked the Lavender Lace room for the three of us but even with the extra aero-bed, the room was spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfasts in the morning, and the teas and coffee available every night we came in after our late night dinners were great when the nights got cool. We wish our trip had been longer so that we could have enjoyed the afternoon tea and the free wine tastings in the evenings.

I jogged from Hennessey House to the Riverfront area of downtown Napa and ended at Model Bakery every morning during our stay to pick up a pack of the English muffins to bring home and some pastries to snack on in between our wine tasting appointments. The B&B is less than a mile to Model Bakery/Oxbow Public Market, so it's an easy and relatively short walk. Good walking distance to cool down after a morning run and you're loaded with goodies from the bakery.

I know I will definitely be staying at Hennessey House during my next Napa trip. Great service, good location, and just a charming experience all around. I highly recommend even if you're unsure about staying at a B&B.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hennessey House B&B in the Lavendar Lace guest room in May 2013. It was lovely and a definite highlight of our trip!! Lorri and Bonnie are both so kind and made us feel very welcome. The house itself has so much character and is beautiful inside and out (and very clean). The breakfast provided by Lorri is amazing, in fact, I still need to ask her for the french toast recipe. Bonnie provided us with winery and restaurant recommendations the first night of our stay which was a HUGE help! We were overwhelmed by the choices but she helped us plan out a perfect day. This was our first time at a bed and breakfast but will certainly not be our last. Thank you again, Lorri and Bonnie!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Hennessey House has it all -- Gracious hosts Lori and Kevin, beautiful rooms with every detail: usual amenities plus gas fireplace and AC, wine cooler, iPod dock, gorgeous decor, well appointed bathroom, plenty of parking, free wine-tasting with cheese and crackers every afternoon. Longish roundtrip walk to downtown Napa but should be no problem for most. Absolutely the most sumptuous, delicious breakfast every morning. Quite pricey on Friday and Saturday due to proximity to San Francisco but other nights prices are competitive. Would return again if not for the commute from CT.
Jean and Bill

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank HappilyRetiredTwo
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I spent a glorious 3 nights and 4 days at Hennessey House in April, 2013. It was just fantastic!! The room was excellent. The service was gold standard. The courtesy and helpfulness unequaled!! We could not have had a better experience!! The inn is very near Napa downtown and all the restaurants and sights. We strongly recommend a stay at Hennessey House if you need to be in Napa.
We will be returning as often as we can and we will be sharing our wonderful experience with all we know.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was my second visit to Napa Valley and even though I did look for somewhere else to stay I ended up staying at the Hennessey House for the second time.

The entire B&B experience here is just simply great. The rooms are clean, comfortable and unique. In other words, they aren't simply a "hotel" room; rather, they have character. I stayed in the Duck Room and if you are curious as to the details of the room I encourage you to stay here as well.

The Duck Room in particular is warm and welcoming. The bath has a huge Jacuzzi bathtub that will easily accommodate two. The room comes with a bottle of sherry and two truffles! The bed itself is very comfortable.

One of the reasons I returned to the Hennessey House is because of the owners. Kevin and Lori are very welcoming people and will go out of their way to assist you in any way that they can. Do you need reservations for dinner or a wine tasting experience? They can make it happen for you. Very good people!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
hennesseyhouse, Owner at Hennessey House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Wow, thank you for your kind words. We very much enjoyed the opportunity to host you again for your second visit to the Napa Valley.

Kevin and Lorri

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hennessey House for two nights at the end of March. It is a quaint historic home with lovely gardens, in which spring flowers were just starting to bloom and it was so pretty. We stayed in the Upstairs Hideaway room. It was very spacious, and one of the few rooms in the house with a t.v. in it (not important to me, but my husband appreciated it given the season, March Madness). The home itself is very old, and thus has some unique character not found in more modern establishments (original claw foot tub, water closet toilet, tin ceiling, and lots of beta fish???). Despite it's "age" the home is in very good condition and perfectly clean. We also enjoyed the peace and quiet of the location. The house is located on a residential city street, an inconspicuous parking lot, with plenty of space is around back. We enjoyed the breakfasts both mornings of our stay. Lorrie makes healthy and delicous choices! She was also very kind to notice that my husband had a cold, and offered up a little something extra to help him feel better. We did participate in the wine and cheese hour and winery presentation by Bonnie on the first night. The wine and cheese hour is such a nice touch. Bonnie had some great suggestions for wineries to visit. I would do some research or get recommendations on your own for restaurants. We asked Bonnie to suggest a place one night, and indicated that we would like to stay under $100 for our meals and a drink....upon her recommendation, we ended up at a place that wound up costing $250! I can tell that Bonnie has good, but expensive taste! Just something to keep in mind. All in all, I would definitely recommend the Hennessey House. It was a great experience, especially for the cost. I do think that if/when my husband and I return, we would not stay in Napa, and try for Calistoga, St. Helena, or Yountville instead (more to do, cute shops, more affordable restaurants, etc.).

Room Tip: Definitely pick the upstairs hideaway!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
hennesseyhouse, Owner at Hennessey House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast service and wine and cheese hour, and we do hope your husband is feeling better. As we speak, the downtown area is undergoing a renaissance, with the addition of the Napa Riverfront, West End, and Oxbow Market, and more restaurants are coming into the city of Napa now than anywhere else in the Valley. In addition to the top end choices, there are more moderately priced dining options as well. We'll be happy to assure our staff is pointing these out.

Kevin