Hennessey House Bed and Breakfast
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel(Napa)(Great Value!)
$265
$259
The Westin Verasa Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$318
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$744
$650
Hotel Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
$279
$271
SpringHill Suites Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
$199
Andaz Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$259
Hyatt.com
$311
Silverado Resort and Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$223
$172
Orbitz.com
$357
$289
All reviewswine and cheesepheasant dreamsother guestscarriage housedowntown napaback porchcookieseach afternoonthe main househouse is beautifuldietary needswithin walking distance of downtownbreakfast was deliciousspent nightslovely roomgracious hostscrackers
Reviewed May 8, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Hennessey House to celebrate our 1st year anniversary. We stayed in the Mary's Delight room and was very spacious. The king bed was very comfortable leading to very long restful night sleep.

The staff was very polite, friendly, readily available, and very accommodating. One night we came home from our anniversary dinner with dessert, and Lorrie (owner) was there to help provide us with plates and utensils, even though it was fairly late in the night.

The breakfast maybe more "exotic" for some but we certainly loved the "twists" they did from the classics. Instead of the classic boring french toast, one morning they did cranberry apple french toast. Other mornings were southwestern egg strata which was similar to a quiche with southwestern kick and spicy baked eggs. Yum! Another one of our favorites was the mozzarella herb muffins which were served with the breakfast and we're hoping to get the recipe.

Overall, the Hennessey House exceeded our expectations and certainly made our stay in Napa very memorable. Hopefully, we will be able to return to the Valley and would certainly stay at there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2008

Anthony
Modesto, CA
May 5, 2008

The owners and the front desk staff were really friendly, nice and helpful. The room we stayed in was remarkable, clean and interesting. Breakfast was really great and you can tell that a lot of attention was given in its preparation. We would definitely go back to the Hennessey House the next time we visit Napa.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed April 24, 2008

This is a well run B&B. Our room on the first floor of the main house was spacious; the bed comfortable. There is nightly wine and cheese before dinner and fresh bakery in the evening. The breakfast was fine and plentiful. It would have been almost perfect except in the morning our car was burglarized in their car park, despite the sign that said, "24 hrs security." The innkeeper expressed his concern verbally and said we could stay in the inn sitting room until our replacement rental car arrived.

Just another reason to always remain vigilant about your possessions and do not leave anything even mildly tempting in your vehicle despite the lovely surroundings.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fegus
henhouse, Owner at Hennessey House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2008

I would like to thank these guests for their nice comments regarding the property, rooms, and service. My wife and I were very shocked to hear about the theft, which occured on the last night of their stay. I spoke with the guest in person regarding the incident and he explained he had inadvertently left his portable GPS device on the front seat of his car. I expressed my concern and told them we would do anything to assist until they were ready to be on their way.

The guest never mentioned his concern about security to me, so I never had a chance to talk to him about it. Hennessey House does maintain a staff presence at all times in order to best serve our guests. As an additional deterrent, we also post a sign that warns anyone with inappropriate designs to go somewhere else. We are located in a quiet residential neighborhood.

Hennessey House Management

Reviewed March 19, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hennessey House and were very pleased with our stay. Everyone was helpful and it was within walking distance to "downtown" Napa.

We stayed in the Paisley room which is the smallest room in the house and had no complaints. The bed was very comfortable, and the room had a very homey feeling.

The free wine and cheese is the afternoons were a nice before dinner snack. Wonderful backyard to sit and relax after a long day of wine tasting.

The only thing that I disliked was the breakfast selection. I'm a picky eater and most of items are somewhat exotic. They did have cereal and yogurt available to everyone as an alternative; so there was a little something for everyone. Everyone else raved about the food though and commented morning after morning about how great it was.

I would stay here again and would recommend this B&B without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2008

We stayed three nights in the bridle suite and it was wonderfull. We had ordered a so-called "winter-package" which included champagne and truffles at arrival and a full day wine tour. The room was fantastic. It was large and had a nice fireplace and a two-person jacuzzi. It was nicely decorated and details had been given much thought. The rooms at Hennessey house do not have TV's which is great in my opinion. There is however a TV room in the main house in case there is something you absoulutely can't miss. The breakfast is served like a three course meal and it varies from day to day. Quite good, but a little to much for my tase. There is also complimentary cakes and coffe around 3 pm every day and wine and cheese in the evening. The wine tour that we had was great. We were picked up at the hotel by a nice driver and spent a wonderful day drinking wine togheter with an american couple.
I would definately stay here again and I would make sure to have the same room.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple