“Incredibly beautiful B&B with lovely rooms..if only the breakfast matched...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Napa
Churchill Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We stayed two nights at Churchill Manor and were absolutely floored by the size, beauty and comfort of our "Rutherford" room. In fact, the entire Inn is a stunning piece of Belle Epoque architecture and décor. Every attention to the ravishing details, from the gold leaf fireplace in our room, to the ornate ceiling rosette above our beds, spoke of a true love for antiques and historic preservation. Not to mention that the king size bed was very comfortable; the sofa pleasant to sit on, and the wireless connection impeccable. Our bathroom was well lit, large, with a separate seating area for makeup and a wonderful shower.

My only complaint was breakfast. I have been to several B&B's all over the country and in general, a place of Churchill Manor's caliber would serve a much richer and well put together breakfast than the one we had. We arrived in the middle of fruit season and all we got were 2 minute slices of melon topped with some cream and ONE berry the first day. Next day was poached pears - three thin slices. A fruit basket, large enough for all guests to choose from would have been nice. The breads were just OK - too sweet and sticky for my taste, but that's a preference, and I realize it. Some whole-grain bread would have been an added bonus, considering the entire country of USA is full of overweight tourists who don't need to stuff themselves with yet another muffin. In all fairness, they made an egg white omelet for me. Breakfast was a decidedly Continental affair, and I actually brought my own cereal, since I'm not a fan of sweet granola. My husband's pancakes tasted like they were from a mix. We may be spoiled, but we're used to Northern California healthier foods, at least in the morning. More fruit, maybe some soy milk available, some whole grain breads and in general a more wholesome breakfast vibe with maybe more than just orange juice would have been lovely.

Being a breakfast fan, this was my only sore spot; if you're not a big eater in the morning or you just don't care, then none of the above will matter. Still, I would highly recommend Churchill Manor; the value and the quality of the gorgeous and well appointed rooms can not be beat.

Yes, we would return, since the Manor is so beautiful and well run. If we could just bring ourselves to drink California wines instead of French ones, Napa Valley would be a slam dunk. As it is, we're heading back to Rhone and Provence next time we're in the mood for a wine vacation...

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank xtacine

Reviewed July 19, 2007

We have just returned from our vacation in Napa/San Francisco. While in Napa, we stayed at Churchill Manor. We really enjoyed our stay! We rented a car from the airport and drove and the directions on their website are very easy to follow. Upon walking up to the front door, the view of the garden is beautiful. There are numerous rose bushes planted around the house, which really make the the outside even more pretty. The porch has wicker sofas and tables for sitting/dining outside. The porch, which is all open and covered, wraps around the left side of the house and there are tables where breakfast can be eaten. Inside, you will find the place impeccably decorated. The original redwood moulding still remains as well as many other aspects of the house due to the fact it has only had three owners since it was built. We took a tour and were able to see all but two rooms and all the rooms were very nicely decorated. But, the best part of Churchill Manor, I have to say, is the breakfast! It is wonderful and was actually the best food we ate while in California! All the ingredients are fresh, from the seasonal berries to the flowers on the table. We stayed in the room on the first floor, which is the only one. It was very romantic and had a two person tub inside that overlooked the garden. The beds were somewhat comfortable- that would be my only suggestion for an improvement. The staff were very helpful and accomodating, as well. Overall, we had a wonderful experience staying at Churchill Manor and I would highly recommend it to visitors planning to stay in Napa!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lalancaster
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Just had a lovely stay at this B&B. The staff here is so friendly and accommodating, even before we arrived Susan sent us an email filled with lots of local information. When we did get there she took time to sit and discuss with us what we wanted to do and see and then fit it into what the area had to offer. The service from all of the inn keepers was personal and informative.
The breakfasts were tasty and the wine and cheese in the afternoon were nice to come home to. It was so relaxing to sit on the large porch and enjoy the grounds of the house. The decor really made you feel like you took a step back in time.
The room was large, clean, and comfortable. One small complaint....the pressure of the water in the shower was very weak. There was a bathtub in the room along with a fireplace. I truly can not think of a better way to spend a day, tasting wine, eating delicious food (highly recommend Martini House) and coming home to a bubble bath alongside a fire. It was a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2007

We just got married at Churchill Manor and it was beautiful and perfect. The setting was just gorgeous with the gardens in full bloom, the antiques throughout the mansion, and the rooms immaculate with the softest sheets I've ever slept in. The best part was having my entire family there the whole weekend...we all ate a delicious breakfast on the sun drenched veranda together (both day of and after) and the rest of the time was spent in luxury getting ready for the big party or recovering from it! The food was an amazing cornucopia at the wedding buffet and many of our guests are foodies from around the country and everyone felt that it was absolutely delicious.

The proprietor is extremely knowledgable and experienced in handling weddings and made our planning a wedding long distance quite easy.

This is a great get away for a weekend but even better for a wedding!!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank kayowinter
Reviewed March 1, 2007

Everything you read here from everyone ~ is the truth. I have just returned from a stay here with my boyfriend (who was quite skeptical of Inns and B&B's to begin with). We both loved the home ~ it will take your breath away at every corner. We adored our room and our two person shower, and the fireplace to keep us warm and toasty. The beds are absolutely out of this world ~ comfortable.

Cookies are provided - and they are delicious. Wine and cheese is served in the afternoon. We were lucky to have a pourer from Hagafen on one of the nights who gave us free passes to their winery. It was outstanding.

I recommend this stay to one who is looking for comfort in exquisite taste. Be prepared for the best breakfast you have ever tasted. Be open to making the home seem as your own ~ the owners delight in your using of every nook. There is always someone there for you.

After the wineries close around 5 or 6, head back and enjoy the wine and cheese they offer. Usually there is a round of guests. Almost nightly we ended up in 3+ hour conversations with others. Just wonderful all around.

This Inn provides every amenity you could need or possibly think of, with the privacy that one seeks when wanted. They have thought of everything for you.

Ask the owners about the wineries and you will be lead to amazing, beautiful experiences in the valley. Usually during breakfast is good time to sit down with them to review your plans for the valley. All the innkeepers are profound in making your stay impeccable. We were even shown the entire home ~ places not all guests are allowed ~ as my boyfriend (the skeptic) became so enthused about the home he eagerly wanted to know its history.

All restaraunts are within walking distance. The only only downfall which has nothing to do with the Manor itself, is that the town is surprisingly run down in the residential areas. The streets are not well lit and it's a bit shady walking to the center of town, though we did each evening. The Manor has great recommendations. I recommend Angelle, a French bistro, for the best roasted chicken you will ever taste.

I have stayed in many inns all throughout the country. This one is in my top 5.

This is an Inn of no worries. You won't want to leave, as you will feel like family before you leave.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AutumninChicago
Reviewed February 18, 2007

Really enjoyed spending time with family from "back east" at this stately Napa California bed & breakfast treasure. The huge wrap-around porch invites lounging, reading or socializing, as do the interior parlors, with fireplace and a piano which was actually played by the guests, including sing-along! There are delicious cookies and other snacks about during the day and wine and cheese in the evening. Spending time in the spacious rooms on the public first floor give the feeling of stepping back in time, with beautiful antiques throughout.

The rooms are luxurious and old-fashioned at the same time. The breakfast was fabulous--and that's not an exaggeration!

I really recommend Churchill Manor if you're looking to relax and spend time with your traveling companions in a warm and welcoming atmosphere, surrounded by sumptuous period furnishings and attended to by friendly, helpful innkeepers.

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank Rootsy
Reviewed January 23, 2007

My girlfriend and I stayed at Churchill Manor on my B-Day as just a spur of the moment get-away. We were so impressed!!

First, the mansion is beautiful and meticulously kept. You can really get a sense of the care and love that the owners have for this home. They are so informative on the history of the house (which was built in 1889) and of the Napa Valley. It was nice to sit and sip a glass of wine and chat with them.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They had lots of input in regards to which wineries to go to - each person had their own favorites so we got a nice variety - Hess with the wonderful art gallery, Darioush with its incredible architecture, sparkling wine at Mumm - which also has a neat photo exhibit and Van Der Hayden which is a very small and rustic vineyard owned by a fellow from the Netherlands.

The staff also had great input on restaurants and shopping (for my girlfriend).

Back to the inn. The wine and cheese reception was really very nice. I've stayed at other B and B's where they put out some crackers and cheez whiz and meter what you pour in your glass.
Not at Churchill Manor. They put out a really lovely display of GOOD cheeses - Brie, Blue, Havarti - and yummy dips, fruit and nuts - it was great to sit back, relax and graze!!

The breakfast was exceptional, as well. The morning we were there they offered an orange-zest french toast or omelettes that were stuffed full of cheese, avocado, tomato, onions etc. -- really the best omelette I've ever had. Both entrees were delicious. They also had tons of other stuff for you to just help yourself to: muffins, croissants(buttery and warm -my girlfriend's words), granola, yogurt - how you could not be satisfied - well, it's just not possible. :-)

Now for the guest rooms: The bed was incredible - I've never slept so well or in such luxurious bed sheets! I did not want to get out. The room was cozy and comfortable - it had a 2-person tub - which was great fun, and a fireplace. It was just so comfortable and relaxing.

We had a wondeful stay and I really felt that the rates were reasonable considering how much it includes.

We will definately be back to Churchill Manor - an historic gem in the heart of wine-country.

Thank You!!