Cedar Gables Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$303
$249
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
$189
$183
$685
$595
SENZA Hotel(Napa)(Great Value!)
$369
$185
$140
The Meritage Resort and Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$362
$269
SpringHill Suites Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
$169
$339
Silverado Resort and Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$204
$140
Travelocity
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$367
$309
  • Pool
All reviewshappy hourother guestsb bwine tastingdowntown napagreat hostswithin walking distancecrackersevery eveningbed and breakfasteach morningfresh fruitspent nightsfirst morninglocation was perfectnapa tripbreakfast was delicious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Susie and Ken made this weekend away better than even expected. They love their jobs and it shows. They were very friendly, clean, and really comfortable. The food was to die for. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this place. It was a delight. We had wine tasting there, then a cooking class which was so much fun. We will definitely return. This is a great find. Laurin

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LaurinH_13
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have stayed at this B&B about 6 times over the last 8 years or so. I've made reviews here before, so I'll keep it short and sweet. The property is lovely; it's immaculate; the breakfasts are amazing; and you won't find another couple as endearing and welcoming as Ken and Susie. Ken often gets out the guitar and sings during the wine hour. They also often have nearby wineries come to share their wine on Friday nights. They go the extra mile to take care of you - offering a cooler to take for the day to keep picnic items cool, offer complimentary water and sodas all day long and there's always cookies available for a night time snack with your complimentary in room port. We recently had to stay elsewhere for a night because the Cedar Gables was full and realized what a true gem the Cedar Gables is as we did not get this wonderful package. You will not go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JessicaSkis
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Not sure what great things I can say about this B&B that hasn't already been said, but just to reiterate some...it's a very convenient walking distance to downtown Napa. Ken was extremely knowledgable about the local restaurants and they were both full of very helpful advice (it was Susie's tip to drink a bottle of water per winery that helped me get through our wine tour feeling great)! The room was stocked with port wine, Ghirardelli chocolates, bottled water, corkscrew, and other little amenities that added a really special touch. Bed was super comfortable with really high thread count sheets. Susie's cooking is amazing! Her 3 course breakfast meals were better than some dinners I had at really expensive restaurants downtown. Plate of cookies at the end of the night was a really special treat too.

When I travel I never stay at the same place twice because I feel like there's always somewhere better to try out...but Cedar Gables is the exception! I will absolutely stay here for my next trip to Napa!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank valyoung
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I were in Napa celebrating my birthday, and couldn't have found a better place to stay, nor better hosts! We felt like family from the time we walked into Ken and Susie's magical home. Susie is a pastry chef so there were delicious cookies waiting for us, plus a lovely display of teas and coffee. Our room was AMAZING! We had the top floor, quite a hike up, but well worth it! Our room had a hot tub for 2 which we took advantage of, champagne, port wine, and chocolates! Then there was the complimentary wine, cheese, fruit and snacks reception in their very own cozy tavern, where Ken played the guitar and sang. We loved visiting with some of their friends, as well as the other guests! And the BED...ahhh...best night's sleep I had had in a very long time! So comfortable and so inviting. And of course, Susie's breakfasts...oh my goodness...freshest fruits, home-made french toast and scones, Ken's home-made lattes...we felt like royalty! I just can't say enough good things about the Cedar Gables Inn. After staying at another Napa B&B the very next night, my husband and I were discussing what made the Cedar Gable so special, and we decided that while most are run as businesses, Ken and Susie are actually inviting you into their own home and it shows...all the extra personal touches are there! They went above and beyond our expectations, and we are very picky travelers! It's the warmth and attention to detail that this special couple offers that makes this such a wonderful place to stay. We can't wait to go back!! Oh, and if you need a personal driver to take you on a tour of the wineries, have Susie hook you up with her good friend, Monica. She and her husband Dave have great knowledge of the area and are just as kind and personable as Ken and Susie!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FairviewDancer
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My hubby and I spent a night here to get away for a day. The Inn is elegant, warm and inviting. Ken and Susie are the best hosts! The wine and cheese reception in the tavern (complete with acoustic guitar and singing by Ken) and the deliicious three course breakfast were wonderful. Wondering where to go for wine tasting or meals? Just ask them, they can recommend wonderful places. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: January 2013