“Napa Trip”

Ranked #8 of 22 Napa B&B and Inns
bolando12
“Napa Trip”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great Location, Lovely House and Gardens, attentive staff and good breakfast , Comfortable Bedding, Good location.
we arrived on a cold day and it was pouring with rain, had no help from the proprietor, so got very wet, The down side, it was cold in the room and house, no central heating all fan electric fires and it was 2c, Unable to dry our coats during our stay, the bathroom was very small and tired looking with little place to place necessities, the shower low pressure and went hot and cold all the time. I would not consider this Luxury B&B, just average but pleasant and I am sure very very nice in warmer times.

Room Tip: Whatever you research however deep can end up no quite right for one but perfect for another
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bolando12
JBeazleyNapa, Owner at Beazley House, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Over the 33 years we've been running the inn we've learned that a complaint is a gift.
Unfortunately it comes at a dear cost when a guest's unhappiness is involved.
But first we have to know about their perceived problem. It is especially frustrating when their complaint could have been easily remedied when they were staying, not after they left.
In this case the shower head immediately flowed freely after being soaked in vinegar which dissolved its mineral buildup: problem solved. The "issue" of a cold room could have been just as easily remedied had our guest asked how to turn up his heat! Although it was covered during check in, sometimes people don't listen. We strive for perfection, but appreciate it when alerted to ways we can improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Huntington Beach,CA
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was traveling to Napa for work and realized that all the hotels were booked. I was given a referral to call The Beazley House, as soon as I entered the house all my worries went away. I was greeted with a glass of wine at the door. Megan was super welcoming and knowledgeable on what to do and where to go in Napa. I took the Tour around the beautiful gardens, and checked out all the beautiful rooms. Breakfast was fantastic and Beazley house is situated walking distance to Downtown Napa. I will Defiantly be back!!! Thanks for making my stay awesome!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sasha85
Ventura, California
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed at the Beazley House 21 years ago, shortly after we were married, then our next stay was 2 weeks ago. What were we thinking?! We should have gone back every year. What a beautifully charming inn and warm, accommodating staff. Plus, owners Jim and Carol Beazley are perfect hosts and went out of their way to make our visit memorable. We are grateful to them. Special recognition must go to the staff, who prepare unique, delicious homemade breakfast entrees every day, along with fresh fruit, homemade granola, yoghurt, farm style bacon, fresh muffins, fresh squeezed juice and, of course, coffee (or tea!). Literally hundreds of wineries dot Napa Valley, not to mention neighboring Sonoma and other points nearby. And Napa itself is home to numerous gourmet and specialty eateries. (Don't miss Oxbow Market and The Fatted Calf charcuterie.) We had a great visit...heavenly.

Room Tip: We like the morning sun so picked the East Loft. Each room has its own unique character, location a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard S
Nipomo, California
Reviewed November 14, 2013

As I fell asleep I wondered why people stay in hotels when they can stay in a B&B? Especially Beazley House.

The first impression is lovely, beautiful home, gorgeous grounds (their master gardener is indeed that, a master). When I arrived there were three couples enjoying wine by the fireplace and I joined them. Felt instantly comfortable. Megan showed me around, kitchen, backyard, bottled water, homemade cookies, dining room. My room was lovely, King bed with the best sheets ever, I wanted to stick the pillows in my suitcase (but of course I didn't), TOTAL comfort. I was tired so ordered Chinese food in. Sat with Megan and the wine rep downstairs (they do wine tastings on site) and chatted with them until it arrived. When I went upstairs I realized I left my room door not only unlocked but wide open. I felt like I was at a home, a gorgeous home. Felt really safe there too.

Breakfast was delicious. Sat with a couple traveling from Hawaii and Jim Beazley himself. It is the kind of place you can be alone or meet amazing people. Relaxing, comfortable, just WONDERFUL.

Also when I made the reservation I got a confirmation, telling me some things about the home and asking for my preferences. VERY good customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have become a fan of B&B's due to our stay at the Beazley house. This was our first experience and will be our first choice of accommodations when traveling from now on.
We were greeted by Veronica, who was very welcoming and warm. We arrived early after flying the red-eye from Honolulu and she had just gotten to the house. The room overlooked the garden in the back and had a lanai with a beautiful view. They make fresh chocolate chip cookies daily (REALLY good) and a sherry decanter in the common areas. Their breakfast is super delicious and tasty. It's not your normal hotel breakfast but consisted of warm apple crisp, yogurt with berries, and poached egg over homemade potatoes o'brien with a little feta cheese.
We stayed only one night in one of the smaller rooms, I think it was the Sun Room. It was just enough for my husband and I. The bathroom was bigger than I expected and I loved the bathrobe since I get cold all the time.
We were very happy we chose this B&B. If we get the chance to come again, the Beazley house will be at the top of our list.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andee L
Indianapolis
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed 3 nights with my daughter on wine country visit..
House was charming, all staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast very nice and a variety for any taste. We had a situation where I had to call owner.......nothing related to the inn.....he was sooo helpful and understanding. Resolved my problem.

Room Tip: They are all lovely
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mary N
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Lovely B&B! We stayed here for part of our honeymoon in mid-Oct. The property is so beautiful, with lots of colorful flowers and a fenced-in backyard where you can swing or sit with lunch, wine. There's also a rainbow flag out front which was surprising yet inviting for us as a lesbian couple (there's a story behind it but we forgot to ask again)! They have daily wine hour/socials in the parlor, and the Beazley's themselves attend at times which shows they really take heart in the B&B and guests. Breakfast was fresh, hot, delicious, with just enough creativity added to traditional dishes. And oh my, those blueberry muffins, and the cookies in the parlor (a Beazley family recipe)! The rooms are quaint, romantically decorated. Love the fireplaces, armchairs, ZILLION count sheets, robes. We stayed in the main house/mansion, which was nice, but would recommend the more private carriage house rooms out back. We definitely recommend The Beazley House for a couple looking for a more vintage-inspired, social B&B.

Room Tip: Recommend carriage house rooms out back for more privacy than the rooms in the main house/mansion.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple