“Wonderful Winery”

Judd's Hill Winery and MicroCrush
Ranked #4 of 192 things to do in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Judd's Hill is owned and operated by two generations of the Finkelstein family. Bunnie, Judd and Holly Finkelstein are vintners dedicated to producing ultra-premium, handcrafted wines in small lots. Our family has been making wine in Napa Valley since the 1970's and continues to produce signature wines that are fruit-driven, concentrated and just simply delicious.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My Husband's name is Judd so right away he loved the winery--the grounds were very nice and when we started taking pictures of the sign Judd's winery this man came out and it was Judd! So we had pictures taken with him-AWESOME! Our wine guide was very informative-learned a lot from him-most enjoyable wine tasting we did in Napa. Oh and don't let me forget the wine and BBQ sauce--wonderful. Everyone going to a wine tasting in Napa need to start here.

1  Thank saltbox2
There are newer reviews for Judd's Hill Winery and MicroCrush

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Judd's Hill is a smallish winery located in the Napa Valley among some very large wineries clamoring for your attention. The reason we happened to visit was that one of our traveling companions was named Judd, and on a lark, we stopped by for a look, and we were so glad that we did! The Judd from the winery was outside, greeted us warmly and even posed for pictures with us. Our server (and I am sorry to say I cannot remember his name) was exceptionally attentive as we enjoyed the great wines on a very pleasant patio. He shared so much about Judd's Hill wines, the surrounding area and gave us many suggestions on how to get the most out of our time in the Napa Valley. We must have spent two hours listening and tasting. Not to be missed is a pairing of their very fine Zin and some equally fine BBQ sauce. Looking so forward to sharing with our friends at home.

1  Thank OlyCat
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My friend who lives in the area is a wine club member so we stopped in. I was delighted by the knowledge and conversation we had with the wine server. I have a decent level of knowledge about wine. It was great to have someone go beyond the basics to actually teach me things I didn't know and to learn more about the art/science of food and wine pairing. The wines were fantastic! We left with 4 bottles and became wine club members. Now we get to enjoy a quarterly shipment.

1  Thank Jennifer Y
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Judd's Hill is excellent!! I was visiting from out of town and had such a wonderful experience. Out of several wineries I visited around Napa, this was by far the best one. I enjoyed each of the tastings (which is rare for me) and loved the ambiance of the outside patio. The staff, particularly Cindy and Eric, were excited to share their knowledge on the wines and history of Judd's Hill. I would definitely go back again!

1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed June 4, 2014

If you are with a group this is so much fun and a great hands on wine education. Would be great for team-building exercise. Todd, who led our group, has a GREAT touch for all levels of wine drinkers. You are given 4 varietals and blend them in different % 3-4 times adjusting to your taste each time. If you have more than one table of 4-6 people you get to taste/compete with the other. After you pick your favorite they pull your % blend out of the barrels right there, it gets bottled, you get to chose a name for it, they make up a formal label which you apply to your bottle. It's yours to take home. All this takes place in the winery so you are surrounded by barrels large and small. Bring a sweater it's cool inside.

1  Thank LCB108