“This place is the best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Spa Terra
Ranked #1 of 19 Spas & Wellness in Napa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Spa Terra offers a hushed environment unlike any other in Napa Valley. Unwind in the serenity of our 22,000 square foot Estate Cave - 40 feet underground - where our award-winning spa soothes with natural stone and copper accents, blended with old-world Florentine architecture and furnishings, it is a Napa Valley experience in itself. In the tranquility of our Estate Cave, under nine acres of hillside vineyards, experience the true beauty of Mother Earth, and let her embrace and nurture you with her ability to cleanse, to warm, and to offer peace and relaxation from the elements ... in the heart of the Earth.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“This place is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have been to a lot of spas, and this is by far the best we have visited. The staff was friendly, but not over bearing. The treatments were perfect, and performed by great professionals. The best part was that it is a small place, so don't worry about dealing with a crowded spa like they have in Vegas. And oh, it is built in a cave!!

Visited March 2013

Morro Bay, California
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Spa in the Caves - Relaxation and Rejuvenation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was my second visit (my wife does the shopping thing, I do the spa/massage thing). She got me a $200 gift certificate for our anniversary, so I chose to do the 80 minute Terra Massage. Not having had a massage in awhile, I chose this swedish verses the deep tissue (last time did the deep tissue and boy was that an aggressive massage). I asked who they would recommend for this since I am a bit of a bigger guy, and they lined me up with Mercer. Boy were they right. First off, come as early as often as you want on the day of your services, because you have the run of the facilities. Each is divided into private mens and womens areas, which include jacuzzi, steam room, showers, lockers, lounging area. I got here about 45 minutes early to my services since I didn't sleep well the night before, so it was nice to just lounge around and chill in the jacuzzi and steam room. The massage was awesome, and Mercer knew exactly how to make every minute worth it. Since I did some spa retail purchases and being a return guest, they gave me an additional 10% discount off of my spa services, wish was helpful for a pricey (but well worth it) massage. I even returned 2 additional times throughout the day to enjoy the facilities and surprisingly it being a Friday, it was pretty empty so it was nice to just unwind.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank jamaicabitty
Napa, California
“Meritage spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

The most wonderful spa experience! Courteous and caring staff, clean facility, excellent quality products, plenty of comfort and privacy. The food was excellent, and the various packages offered many choices. The steam room was large, and there was plenty of water available. There was an effort made to keep the spa quiet for relaxation.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Spa in a cave under the vineyards”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

You feel like you are worlds away at this pristine spa. An amazing and unique experience. Excellent massages and well worth the money for all of the extra amenities.

Modesto, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Beautiful spa, but not well designed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

When I saw on Meritage's website that they had a spa in a cave, I knew my husband (a former spelunker) would go nuts. It is very beautiful but they have no sauna & only 2 chairs for relaxation in each of the locker rooms. The only room where you could hang out with friends or your S.O. is the serenity lounge, where "quiet" is encouraged. They had a brilliant idea & beautiful decor, but the space is not well used. I would also expect that the uniqueness of a cave spa would have encouraged the designers to come up with a unique feature.