“Great tour!”

197 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We had 2 couples doing this tour. When we arrived and I saw how many other people were there (it was a LOT), I was getting worried. After checking in with Dan at the bar and getting a little drink, I was feeling a little better. He was very nice and quite funny! Then, Tim came along and said he'd be doing our tour. I must admit I was kinda sad because I'd been hoping to stay with Dan, but Tim was just as funny and we really had a wonderful time! There was a total of 10 people on our tour, and there were at least 4-5 other tours (of 8-10) going on at the same time. All of this happens in their caves and it can be a little difficult passing through the other groups. However, the guides make it funny - you definitely need a sense of humor for this!! Almost all of the wine we tasted came straight from the barrels and was very good. I would highly recommend this tour and would do it again (unless crowds turn you off).

Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
Racine, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tour is WAY overpriced!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

"Tour" was $60 each. We walked down a few short hallways. We tasted numerous wines directly from the barrels; however, the fee was not worth it at all. The wines were good but ran $125 per bottle and your tour fee was not put toward any wine. What a rip off. I saw more authentic caves in other wineries.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank MarlalovesMaui
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not what I expected!!!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This winery was recommended by a friend and a complete let down! For $60 a person you sample wines from a barrell that are stored in caves. I was expecting a beautiful tour of a vineyard while sampling delightful wines. The tour is suppose to take about 1 1/2 hours. What you actually get is 30 minutes in a musky, smelly, damp cellar about the size of two of my hallways at home. The is not a a cave, these are man made cellars used to store wine before electricity and modern amenties. The wine is expensive and not very good. huge waste of money and time. If you like to drink bad wine in your grandmothers musky old cellar by all means take the tour. If that is not your cup of tea DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Mamasieck
New London, Connecticut, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful decor”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

By the time we hit 5 or 6 wines they start to taste the same - I'd rather have a full bottle of one wine!

Visited August 2013
virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Cave Barrel wine tasting”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Was looking for a new wine tasting experience on my second trip to wine country and tried Del Dotto. We did the original cave in Napa. Was well worth the money, wine was excellent even young and out of the barrel it was drinkable. Adam was our tour guide and did a great job he was very knowledgeable about the wines and the process, entertaining and very informative. I learned a great deal about wines and the wine making process.

Visited August 2013