I don't usually write scathing reviews concerning hotel stays, but when your stay is worse than your overall impression based on price and location, there's reason for complaint.
- unfriendly, unconcerned attitude from front desk people (probably due to a lack of training on the part of the management, but common sense would be to make the customer believe you are actually interested in helping them instead of being indifferent). No professionalism, whatsover.
- no offer for compensation after we complained about not being able to sleep the first night with the air conditioning not being able to turn off. The front desk responded that there was no way to help us since the service personnel was not available at the time. The front desk did not make a note of the problem so it could be fixed, instead we had to complain the next day.
- a lack of communication between front desk and service personnel. (Having to visit the front desk twice, at 10 am and 5 pm to check on service to a malfunctioning air conditioning system that wasn't even begun until we requested the manager at 5 pm to take care of this, is unacceptable for a hotel). Their response was to shut off the air conditioning unit completely without letting us know what was happening. Is the customer supposed to perform investigations to find out what's going? I don't think so. The hotel should be notifying any guest about updates when something is wrong with their room. The next night the room was stuffy, and we had to sleep with the sliding door cracked open.
This place seems to not care about investing in good training for any of the people who work here ( I can not speak for the restaurant or bar since I didn't experience them). They give the impression that they are only concerned in selling their time share condos. It would serve them well to change this impression if they want any repeat stays from anyone.
I would never suggest this place to any of my friends or family. it's best to stay somewhere else that has a better location (not near a highway, power lines, and a satellite station, their website photos are misleading), better customer service, and better price/value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Vino Bello suite is designed to complement your Napa Valley getaway with quiet space and luxurious appointments. Choose from 64 studio, one bedroom or two bedroom condominium-style suites, all decorated with Old World Tuscan charm that blends with the surrounding vine-covered hills to welcome you with style and grace. This is wine country at its best. Here you’ll find luxurious accommodations, fine amenities and gracious service, all designed to make your visit to Napa Valley a memorable one. Whether you choose to taste your way through countless Napa Valley wineries, venture into the hills on horseback, bicycle through quaint villages, or float above it all in a hot-air balloon, you’ll return to find first class amenities at Vino Bello Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Vino Bello Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vino Bello Hotel Napa
- Vino Bello Napa
- Vino Bello Resort Napa, Napa Valley, CA