“slept in luxury”
Review of Vino Bello Resort

Vino Bello Resort
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We visited family and the wineries in December and stayed at this location. It is not far from the wineries and the hotel can provide a wine tour map and some recommendations. I preferred staying here and away from the winery traffic so it was a very quiet setting. The service was excellent and the room was fully furnished with wine glasses and a complimentary bottle for tasting. It was nice to come back after a nice dinner and sit by the fireplace in the room to reflect on the day. The beds were very comfortable and other furniture went well with the decor. I would definetly stay here again. The staff was there to take care of any needs you may have.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed January 20, 2009

My family and I went to Napa to spend some time together and got a pretty good deal at the Vino Bello. We liked the room, the view, and service overall was pretty nice. Upon arrival, they called to see if we found the room okay or if we needed anything else, I thought that was a nice touch. They had their own wine tasting in the afternoon and we liked the atmosphere and wine. We really liked our stay and would probably be back. True it isn't that close to the wineries but it made it easier for us when it was time to continue our journey. The only little problem that we had was the drain of the shower not working properly, but I guess it was partly my fault because I could've told them, I'm sure they'd have fixed it right away. Not that much of a problem since we only stayed for a couple of days.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 14, 2009

I convinced my husband and Mother-in-law to have a Christmas vacation out of town. I had to really fight to get my husband to agree on a stay at a "resort". The price was good for three people to stay, it was afterall a two bedroom "suite". When we arrived the location was kinda yucky, not really in Napa. We were checked in and went to our room and it was fabulous, everything they said it would be...except it was only one bedroom. So we had to get another room. They said all the two bedroom suites were taken and convinced us that two adjoining rooms would be just as luxurious. (First of all we made that reservation like six weeks in advance AND called two weeks before to check on it. ) The room was ugly,(so ugly, fire that decorator) the furniture was terrible and uncomforable, and we got no compensation for the mess up. We were charged $15/day as a resort fee to replenish the sodas, coffee and water in our fridge, that never did happen. We had to call to get towels replaced, they took the dirty ones, but didn't think we needed more I guess. The food in the Siena was expensive and uninterresting. I guess my biggest complaint is that I went for luxury, at $274 + $15 wasteful resort fee for my room and feel like I stayed at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank reno_gypsy
Reviewed January 10, 2009

My stay @ the Vino Bello was everything I needed it to be. I stayed for 4 days, immensely enjoyed the spa. Room service was excellent. Even though the weather was bitter cold, I had a relaxing & stress free rest.

I definitely will return again in warmer weather.

Have already recommended the Vino Bello to several friends.

Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank vikki8601
Reviewed January 10, 2009

We have stayed at the Vino Bello 3 times now and have not had a single complaint. The staff is very pleasant and the room service is actually great tasting and fast compared to most resorts. We always get a 1 bedroom condo and it's perfect for small familys with children. We have twin 2 yr old boys and they get so excited everytime we go, they love running around the large rooms. We have stayed in many of the nicer resorts in Napa and found this resort to have the nicest rooms, nicest staff, and best room service. The resort itself is at the souther most tip of Napa so if your going to wine taste for the weekend and want to stay in the middle of all the vineyards and close to downtown its not that close(10 min to downtown) , but in my opinion its nice to stay in a quiet out of the way place after going up valley all day taking in the sights. If you wanna nice place, great rooms, great food, great staff,great pool area for kids all for a great price this is the place.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank michaeljsz
Reviewed January 9, 2009

I booked thru Hotwire. I compared rates and star ratings in Napa and committed with my credit card, and was appointed the Vino Bello. It is away from town a bit - but that is fine. I think it is NOT a 4 star as advertised. It is new, so naturally it is clean and has some nice amenities. But a 4 star is a 4 star - and newness should not be a reason for an increase in the rating system. I am a little hard of hearing, but boy can you hear every footstep of the people avove you! Get a top floor room!.
The thing that made me the maddest, since I booked on Hotwire & was given a price before I committed, was the sneaky $30. "resort Fee" they charged me for my 2 night stay. They came up with a fancy name for it, but they might as well call it a "We- want -an -extra -$15 -per -night- fee" ...
that was a bit sneaky...It's not that the place wasn't worth it & it's not about the money, rather the way they whip that on you as you check in...Say whaaa? Huh?....I did'nt make a fuss but I was certainly thinking that was a low blow. I sent a complaint in to Hotwire - they need to insist their offerings do not tack on extra costs "after the fact"...otherwise it defeats the purpose of shopping and comparing rates. ....In all fairness, the rooms though small, were well appointed, but it is still just another nice motel room....I think the main building (Meritage) with the fancy lobby and restaurant could be considered 4 star, but if you end up in one of the so-called condos Like the Cabernet building which is seperate - it is basically just another nice hotel room. 3 star to be sure, but 4 star would be a stretch....

Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We loved our time at Vino Bello Resort. We were a little worried since it was a new resort and the prices were so reasonable, but were blown away by the accomodations. We stayed in a one room suite with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace. We used both of those every night, and slept very well in the comfortable bed. We were also concerned about the construction, but had no problem sleeping in until 9 each day.
The only drawback is that it is on the south end of Napa, but the drive to the wineries was so pretty that we didn't mind. Be careful with the directions on the website, the turn on to "Corporate Way" is a mistake. The street is called something different from the direction we travelled from (Oakland Airport).
We would recommend the hotel to anyone (and in fact, already have).

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple