“Heartbreaking”

Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reno, Nevada
“Heartbreaking”
Reviewed January 14, 2009

I convinced my husband and Mother-in-law to have a Christmas vacation out of town. I had to really fight to get my husband to agree on a stay at a "resort". The price was good for three people to stay, it was afterall a two bedroom "suite". When we arrived the location was kinda yucky, not really in Napa. We were checked in and went to our room and it was fabulous, everything they said it would be...except it was only one bedroom. So we had to get another room. They said all the two bedroom suites were taken and convinced us that two adjoining rooms would be just as luxurious. (First of all we made that reservation like six weeks in advance AND called two weeks before to check on it. ) The room was ugly,(so ugly, fire that decorator) the furniture was terrible and uncomforable, and we got no compensation for the mess up. We were charged $15/day as a resort fee to replenish the sodas, coffee and water in our fridge, that never did happen. We had to call to get towels replaced, they took the dirty ones, but didn't think we needed more I guess. The food in the Siena was expensive and uninterresting. I guess my biggest complaint is that I went for luxury, at $274 + $15 wasteful resort fee for my room and feel like I stayed at a Holiday Inn.

• Liked — Trinitas wine is excellent, go taste it in the tasting room, not the hotel bar
  • Disliked — That room was so cold and unfriendly, ugly..no relaxation
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank reno_gypsy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia, Usa
Reviewed January 10, 2009

My stay @ the Vino Bello was everything I needed it to be. I stayed for 4 days, immensely enjoyed the spa. Room service was excellent. Even though the weather was bitter cold, I had a relaxing & stress free rest.

I definitely will return again in warmer weather.

Have already recommended the Vino Bello to several friends.

Stayed January 2009
1 Thank vikki8601
Granite Bay CA
Reviewed January 10, 2009

We have stayed at the Vino Bello 3 times now and have not had a single complaint. The staff is very pleasant and the room service is actually great tasting and fast compared to most resorts. We always get a 1 bedroom condo and it's perfect for small familys with children. We have twin 2 yr old boys and they get so excited everytime we go, they love running around the large rooms. We have stayed in many of the nicer resorts in Napa and found this resort to have the nicest rooms, nicest staff, and best room service. The resort itself is at the souther most tip of Napa so if your going to wine taste for the weekend and want to stay in the middle of all the vineyards and close to downtown its not that close(10 min to downtown) , but in my opinion its nice to stay in a quiet out of the way place after going up valley all day taking in the sights. If you wanna nice place, great rooms, great food, great staff,great pool area for kids all for a great price this is the place.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank michaeljsz
Northern California
Reviewed January 9, 2009

I booked thru Hotwire. I compared rates and star ratings in Napa and committed with my credit card, and was appointed the Vino Bello. It is away from town a bit - but that is fine. I think it is NOT a 4 star as advertised. It is new, so naturally it is clean and has some nice amenities. But a 4 star is a 4 star - and newness should not be a reason for an increase in the rating system. I am a little hard of hearing, but boy can you hear every footstep of the people avove you! Get a top floor room!.
The thing that made me the maddest, since I booked on Hotwire & was given a price before I committed, was the sneaky $30. "resort Fee" they charged me for my 2 night stay. They came up with a fancy name for it, but they might as well call it a "We- want -an -extra -$15 -per -night- fee" ...
that was a bit sneaky...It's not that the place wasn't worth it & it's not about the money, rather the way they whip that on you as you check in...Say whaaa? Huh?....I did'nt make a fuss but I was certainly thinking that was a low blow. I sent a complaint in to Hotwire - they need to insist their offerings do not tack on extra costs "after the fact"...otherwise it defeats the purpose of shopping and comparing rates. ....In all fairness, the rooms though small, were well appointed, but it is still just another nice motel room....I think the main building (Meritage) with the fancy lobby and restaurant could be considered 4 star, but if you end up in one of the so-called condos Like the Cabernet building which is seperate - it is basically just another nice hotel room. 3 star to be sure, but 4 star would be a stretch....

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
California
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We loved our time at Vino Bello Resort. We were a little worried since it was a new resort and the prices were so reasonable, but were blown away by the accomodations. We stayed in a one room suite with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace. We used both of those every night, and slept very well in the comfortable bed. We were also concerned about the construction, but had no problem sleeping in until 9 each day.
The only drawback is that it is on the south end of Napa, but the drive to the wineries was so pretty that we didn't mind. Be careful with the directions on the website, the turn on to "Corporate Way" is a mistake. The street is called something different from the direction we travelled from (Oakland Airport).
We would recommend the hotel to anyone (and in fact, already have).

• Liked — Room size and value
  • Disliked — Location next to a business park
clovis,ca
Reviewed December 19, 2008

We booked through plriceline and got a pretty good deal of $85/night considering it is low season in Napa. Upon arrival, i notcied the hotel is in the bottom of Napa, not the best location for wine tasting. While checking in, they failed to mention that there was NO WATER. The room was nice, kitchenette, W/D, I dont know if i Would rate it 4 star. But it was nice. As soon as we realized there was no water, we called the front desk, who said it was due to construction, would be turned on in 20 minutes. This happpened about 4 times. I asked to speak with a manager, they assured me one would call, they never did. 6 hours and a case of food posioning (not from there) later, Still no flushing toliet. It took quite a fit and us mentioning the fact this is completely unsanitary and unsafe( no water for sprinklers in case of a fire), to get us moved into another area of the hotel, which was not nearly as nice. The management and staff did absolutely nothing to compensate or even offer to refund the cost of the room. I called priceline, who I have been arguing with for 4 days, to get some sort of refund. The place isn't bad, but no concept of customer service when things get bad. Very disappointingl

• Liked — Comfortable beds, Gym
  • Disliked — NO water, no service recovery, and hidden Resort Fee of $15/day
2 Thank Travelingfool20
jruperto, Resort Manager at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this review, December 27, 2008
We truly understand the point of this guests expectaions and want to do right by them. We continually try to do our best at the Vino Bello to ensure the comfort of our guests, especially over uncontrollable circumstances such as the delay described above. We believe we did our due diligence by informing our guests by letter that there would be a water interruption the next day.

Unfortunately, due to major complications with the construction of the water main, the delay lasted 8 hours when the construction company told us it would only be 1 hour to restore service. Due to extent of the problem, we even had to shut water down the next day.

We did inform all of our inhgouse guests directly. We moved all guests that contacted us with water issues and moved them to the Meritage part of the resort that had no affect from the water problem. We feel we made every effort to appease the discomfort over the problem time period and have communicated with each of our guests so that they felt they were compensated adequately. We invite this guest to contact us directly if they feel there was insufficient compensation and we we'll be happy to work out a solution with them.

Jose Ruperto
Director of Rooms
The Vino Bello Resort
Always sunny San Diego
Reviewed December 13, 2008

This place is AWESOME!!!! I booked directly through their website which allowed us to have a savings of 30% off rack pricing. I had booked a one bedroom and requested the top floor with a view and that is exactly what I got. Check in was a breeze and the front lobby is beautiful. The tasting cave and spa is directly behind the main pool in the main bldg. I didn't have a chance to go, but hear it is very enjoyable. There are currently three bldgs. with the fourth one in current construction. They are all within feets of each other so parking was never an issue. I knew going in that this was a timeshare company and was prepared to say "no" when they asked if we would like to attend a meeting. To my surprise, they never asked. That was a complete joy knowing that I didn't have to deal with that.

The room were spacious and very comfortable. The jacuzzi tub was nice after a long day of wine tasting and the shower had vishay shower heads which was also nice. The decor was beautiful and you were able to tell that they did put alot of attention to detail with this resort. Every amenity was there, and I couldn't imagine wanting to stay anywhere else.

• Liked — The very comfortable bed and jacuzzi tub
  • Disliked — Nothing