“Great place for a weekend with family.”
Review of Vino Bello Resort

Vino Bello Resort
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Granite Bay CA
“Great place for a weekend with family.”
Reviewed January 10, 2009

We have stayed at the Vino Bello 3 times now and have not had a single complaint. The staff is very pleasant and the room service is actually great tasting and fast compared to most resorts. We always get a 1 bedroom condo and it's perfect for small familys with children. We have twin 2 yr old boys and they get so excited everytime we go, they love running around the large rooms. We have stayed in many of the nicer resorts in Napa and found this resort to have the nicest rooms, nicest staff, and best room service. The resort itself is at the souther most tip of Napa so if your going to wine taste for the weekend and want to stay in the middle of all the vineyards and close to downtown its not that close(10 min to downtown) , but in my opinion its nice to stay in a quiet out of the way place after going up valley all day taking in the sights. If you wanna nice place, great rooms, great food, great staff,great pool area for kids all for a great price this is the place.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank michaeljsz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Northern California
Reviewed January 9, 2009

I booked thru Hotwire. I compared rates and star ratings in Napa and committed with my credit card, and was appointed the Vino Bello. It is away from town a bit - but that is fine. I think it is NOT a 4 star as advertised. It is new, so naturally it is clean and has some nice amenities. But a 4 star is a 4 star - and newness should not be a reason for an increase in the rating system. I am a little hard of hearing, but boy can you hear every footstep of the people avove you! Get a top floor room!.
The thing that made me the maddest, since I booked on Hotwire & was given a price before I committed, was the sneaky $30. "resort Fee" they charged me for my 2 night stay. They came up with a fancy name for it, but they might as well call it a "We- want -an -extra -$15 -per -night- fee" ...
that was a bit sneaky...It's not that the place wasn't worth it & it's not about the money, rather the way they whip that on you as you check in...Say whaaa? Huh?....I did'nt make a fuss but I was certainly thinking that was a low blow. I sent a complaint in to Hotwire - they need to insist their offerings do not tack on extra costs "after the fact"...otherwise it defeats the purpose of shopping and comparing rates. ....In all fairness, the rooms though small, were well appointed, but it is still just another nice motel room....I think the main building (Meritage) with the fancy lobby and restaurant could be considered 4 star, but if you end up in one of the so-called condos Like the Cabernet building which is seperate - it is basically just another nice hotel room. 3 star to be sure, but 4 star would be a stretch....

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
California
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We loved our time at Vino Bello Resort. We were a little worried since it was a new resort and the prices were so reasonable, but were blown away by the accomodations. We stayed in a one room suite with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace. We used both of those every night, and slept very well in the comfortable bed. We were also concerned about the construction, but had no problem sleeping in until 9 each day.
The only drawback is that it is on the south end of Napa, but the drive to the wineries was so pretty that we didn't mind. Be careful with the directions on the website, the turn on to "Corporate Way" is a mistake. The street is called something different from the direction we travelled from (Oakland Airport).
We would recommend the hotel to anyone (and in fact, already have).

• Liked — Room size and value
  • Disliked — Location next to a business park
clovis,ca
Reviewed December 19, 2008

We booked through plriceline and got a pretty good deal of $85/night considering it is low season in Napa. Upon arrival, i notcied the hotel is in the bottom of Napa, not the best location for wine tasting. While checking in, they failed to mention that there was NO WATER. The room was nice, kitchenette, W/D, I dont know if i Would rate it 4 star. But it was nice. As soon as we realized there was no water, we called the front desk, who said it was due to construction, would be turned on in 20 minutes. This happpened about 4 times. I asked to speak with a manager, they assured me one would call, they never did. 6 hours and a case of food posioning (not from there) later, Still no flushing toliet. It took quite a fit and us mentioning the fact this is completely unsanitary and unsafe( no water for sprinklers in case of a fire), to get us moved into another area of the hotel, which was not nearly as nice. The management and staff did absolutely nothing to compensate or even offer to refund the cost of the room. I called priceline, who I have been arguing with for 4 days, to get some sort of refund. The place isn't bad, but no concept of customer service when things get bad. Very disappointingl

• Liked — Comfortable beds, Gym
  • Disliked — NO water, no service recovery, and hidden Resort Fee of $15/day
2 Thank Travelingfool20
jruperto, Resort Manager at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this review, December 27, 2008
We truly understand the point of this guests expectaions and want to do right by them. We continually try to do our best at the Vino Bello to ensure the comfort of our guests, especially over uncontrollable circumstances such as the delay described above. We believe we did our due diligence by informing our guests by letter that there would be a water interruption the next day.

Unfortunately, due to major complications with the construction of the water main, the delay lasted 8 hours when the construction company told us it would only be 1 hour to restore service. Due to extent of the problem, we even had to shut water down the next day.

We did inform all of our inhgouse guests directly. We moved all guests that contacted us with water issues and moved them to the Meritage part of the resort that had no affect from the water problem. We feel we made every effort to appease the discomfort over the problem time period and have communicated with each of our guests so that they felt they were compensated adequately. We invite this guest to contact us directly if they feel there was insufficient compensation and we we'll be happy to work out a solution with them.

Jose Ruperto
Director of Rooms
The Vino Bello Resort
Always sunny San Diego
Reviewed December 13, 2008

This place is AWESOME!!!! I booked directly through their website which allowed us to have a savings of 30% off rack pricing. I had booked a one bedroom and requested the top floor with a view and that is exactly what I got. Check in was a breeze and the front lobby is beautiful. The tasting cave and spa is directly behind the main pool in the main bldg. I didn't have a chance to go, but hear it is very enjoyable. There are currently three bldgs. with the fourth one in current construction. They are all within feets of each other so parking was never an issue. I knew going in that this was a timeshare company and was prepared to say "no" when they asked if we would like to attend a meeting. To my surprise, they never asked. That was a complete joy knowing that I didn't have to deal with that.

The room were spacious and very comfortable. The jacuzzi tub was nice after a long day of wine tasting and the shower had vishay shower heads which was also nice. The decor was beautiful and you were able to tell that they did put alot of attention to detail with this resort. Every amenity was there, and I couldn't imagine wanting to stay anywhere else.

• Liked — The very comfortable bed and jacuzzi tub
  • Disliked — Nothing
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed December 4, 2008

We arrived at the Vino Bello following Mapquest Directions with no problems. We were staying at Vino Bello as part of an offer from Shell Vacation Club. Check in was a breeze and we made our way to the room. It was a one bedroom with two (double or queen) beds, we preferred a king. We called the front desk and they said they had one King room available and would send someone over to give us a new key. That took over a half hour of us sitting in the room / standing in the hallway not wanting to mess up a room that we were not going to be staying in.

The King room was wonderful - I guess you'd call it a mini-suite. It had beautiful decor and a kitchenette. My only complaint about the room was that the kitchenette took the whole wall in front of the bed and the TV was off to the right. There was no dresser for clothes only some small drawers in the kitchen area.

Our kitchen sink was broken, the faucet was just laying there. We didn't need to use it or we would have called. We were only staying 2 nights. Every day we had 2 complimentary bottles of water and two sodas plus a bottle of wine on the first day. That was a very nice touch.

The grounds at the resort were manicured and well taken care of. The hotel lobby and dining areas were very pretty. We did not eat at the hotel.

For those interested and who happen to be on the same plan with Shell Vacation Club, the presentation was smooth. It was scheduled to be 90 minutes and it was not one minute over that. We received our free gift and were on our way.

Check out was also no problem.

My only issue with this resort is not a complaint about the resort. My husband and I were just not in love with Napa itself. My husband and I are both near 40 and we just were bored with the Napa scene after a few winery tours. We would just stay in Frisco next time and visit Napa for our couple winery tours.

• Liked — Beautiful decor
  • Disliked — Boring area
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JillYAZG
so. cal
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Besides not getting the floor i had requested(I had read a few TripAdvisor reviews and had learned to request a top floor ,due to noise heard from guests above), everything was great. There were a couple times where the guests above were noisy(when moving around) . The rooms were great, they had all the things we needed from robes(not as nice as the Meritage robes) to glasses, dinnerware and even a washer and dryer. The room had a mini fridge that included a bottle of Trinitas Rose(a bit too sweet for my taste),water and soda.The decor of the room was nice and not to busy. The bed was ever so cozy, it was hard to get out of it. Overall It was a beautiful and relaxing resort and i did not want to leave. P.S. the jacuzzi Rocked!

• Liked — Great room, had everything you needed. Also good price.
  • Disliked — Noise from above guests.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple