Vino Bello Resort
$274
$249
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines(Napa)(Great Value!)
$192
$180
Hilton Garden Inn Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$202
$183
GardenInn.com
$161
$360
$349
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Napa Valley(Napa)(Great Value!)
$189
$183
Hotels.com
Silverado Resort and Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
$175
$140
$339
$399
$319
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfull kitchentime sharewasher and dryerbedroom condomeritage hotelshell vacations clubbowling alleybottle of winemerlot buildingdowntown napatimeshare presentationgranite countertopswine cavebbq areatasting roomtimeshare pitchfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2008

We stayed only one night as a girlfriend get away. The room was new and just what we wanted, two very comfy beds, nice built in with frig, sink, micro, toaster oven and all utensils. Bathroom was very nice, again pretty sink area and oversize tub. Small seating area with cafe table plus a flat screen TV with premium channels. Balcony had nice chairs and overlooked The Meritage Resort. Check in was at Meritage which has very nice decor and pleasant staff. We used the Meritage pool area which was very nice, clean, plenty of towels. The two hotels are on the same property and you can move easily between them. Only reason I would not give a 5 star rating is the food. We had room service breakfast which was okay as was the pool side cobb salads. Nothing to write home about. We had facials and messages at the Spa Terra and it was beautiful!!!!! Very nice facilities,staff and all in a cave setting! Very fun.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank mbuns
Reviewed March 2, 2008

First off, I would never have picked this place under normal circumstances b/c it is so expensive. However, we booked this the night before we got there on priceline. We ended up getting it for $85 before taxes and their "resort fee". The resort fee covers the cost of the bottle of wine they put in the room, soda, and water. We were only there 1 night but helped ourselves to all the water, soda, and wine, so it seemed fair for the 20 dollars.
The room was very nice. How we got this one for $85 surprised me, but hey - we took it! This wasn't a suite, but it also wasn't a standard room. It had a nice deep tub, mini fridge, microwave, sink, toaster oven, balcony, washer, dryer, and VERY comfortable king bed. They also had a dvd library which we took advantage of. The decor was traditional tuscanny style and was very tasteful.
The concierge was very helpful, as was the front desk. The concierge showed us stuff to do and gave us some great info/savings brochures. The grounds were nice. I took advantage of the 24 hour work out room. The pools were heated and there were bbq's outside of each building. Our room had dishes and utensils, so it seems like a great stay for a family in one of the jr. suites or suites. I would recommend using the BBQ if staying for a while just to save some money.
The restaurant was expensive but not THAT bad (we were at a resort, afterall). It was our first time trying Kobe Beef - and it was DELICIOUS!! I think we paid $28 for the steak (that was a la carte - no side dishes) The pizza was enough for 2 people and only cost 12 bucks.
I'm used to spending 60 bucks at a holiday inn and getting the usual crap bed and cardboard towels. To stay here for $120 after all was said and done was amazing!
I probably wouldn't recommend this place if you were to book at full rate, (just cause I'm cheap) but if you get this place discounted, it's totally worth it. It was a nice little splurge for my husband and I. The vineyard around the hotel is nice, and you definitely feel safe. I think we had to use our room key 3 times before actually getting to our room door.
The only complaint I have is the bartender at The Cave. It is the little bar where you can go wine tasting. She ignored us from the get go. I'm not sure if she could tell we didn't belong there or what, but she only came by to give us our wine and our check. She was more than happy to converse with the other patrons - about the beach, directions, night life, wine, friends, clothes, etc...but with us, it was like we were lepers. That didn't make us enjoy our wine tasting experience very much. (b/c while she was yapping, our glasses were empty). I'm sure at least the others liked their experience better ;)
The location is definitely not as nice as some, it is smack in the middle of a business complex, but the amenities on the property more than made up for the location.
If I could get this room for the same price again, I would probably stay here next time. But if I could get a quaint B&B for the same price I would probably do that instead, just because I think it would ft the whole Napa Valley Feel that I was looking for a little better. And I would take their wine tasting tour instead of vising their bartender in the Cave. I think the tour included 4 wineries, with the shuttle from the resort and back again for an all day outing about $75. Maybe next time!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank kost44
Reviewed February 8, 2008

We booked a weekend stay at this Resort as it was labled a "4-Star Resort" and we were able to get a very attractive rate (for a 4-Star Resort) through Hotwire. We were aware of the additional approx. $20 resort fee as well.

The Vino Bello Resort is a nice place to stay, but I would certainly not call it 4-Star.

Our room: On the plus side, it did have a refirgerator; wet bar; and included bottled water, soda, and a bottle of wine. On the negative side, it was pretty narrow and not that big, the heating system was VERY loud (when it turned on it would wake us up). Further, the walls are VERY thin, as we were woken up by a neighbor's TV early one morning, and could hear a late-night conversation of another neighbor. Also, the Vino Bello rooms are an outside walk away from the main Meritage Resort area (which presumably are more expensive).

Amenities: We did not find the Concierge or front-desk very helpful (even for some simple direction advice). The attached restaurant has a very good breakfast. The workout facilities were OK and the wine-tasting appetiers are really just cheese and crackers. There was also a billing mix-up that has yet to be resolved -- but I don't know it that is the hotel's fault or hotwire's fault.

Location: The resort is located in a corporate/industrial area, not very close to any vinyards. So the views aren't that wonderful; however, you can get to the Silverado Trail and Napa proper pretty easily (much quicker than if your staying in Carneros or Sonoma).

Overall, we probably wouldn't stay here again. They claim it's a 4-star. The price we paid was about what you'd pay for a 3-star (or 3.5). And we felt it was actually a 3-star (or 2.5). It was an OK experience, but not up to the quality that they appear to represent.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ww_kayaker
Reviewed February 7, 2008

We stayed at this Shell Vacations timeshare type property off a discount we saw in the newspaper. We had a one bedroom and an adjoining studio. It was perfect for 2 couples. The $15/day resort fee was ok, but we didn't use most of it. The wine in the rooms was very drinkable and it was nice having 2 bottles of water to take on our travels through the valley each day.

We were happy to use the free shuttle to dinner on our second night. A short hop into to town. The concierge was most helpful with the reservations. We had dinner at the resort restaurant the first night. My advice, skip it, you can do much better and cheaper elsewhere. Two of us had the seafood risotto and it wasn't just not tasty, but tasted bad with a gruel-in-a-bowl presentation. One of us thought the scallops was good. Cost: $144 w/one bottle of wine.

The only complaint about the lodging was the lack of insulation in the ceiling. We had a 2nd floor unit and the upstairs sounds of walking and the bathtub draining were amazingly loud. We though a pipe must have burst in the wall. Try to get a top floor unit.

Otherwise, the place looked pretty much like the pics others have posted.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank shesails
Reviewed December 31, 2007

We booked this hotel for a special birthday celebration and we could not have been more disappointed! With the hotel being newer and the previous reviews generally favorable, we took the chance and booked this hotel for the weekend. This hotel tops our list of hotels to NEVER return to again.

We went to our room and could not get the heat to kick on. The blower was working full speed and there was practically a gale through the space. We called for maintenance help and they didn't show (forgot us) and then finally came on the third call and were not able to fix the problem. We were so cold while we were waiting we thought we would brew some coffee to warm up and found the machine filthy along with two cups that had already been used by prior guests. The room in general was not very clean and maintenance had obviously been overlooked for a long time.

At this point we were moved to a second room and I can tell you that this one was not much better, but at least had some heat which is a good thing in December.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. There are many other choices in Napa that would be the same price and in much better condition.

Stayed: December 2007
6  Thank rhtravel4
jruperto, Manager at Vino Bello Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2008

We are extremely sorry this guest had such an awful guest room experience with us at the Vino Bello Resort. We pride ourselves on having one of the newest and most modern resorts in Napa and are dissapointed we missed the mark completely for this guest with items not in working order. We will take steps necessary to evaluate the heating and cooling system in each guest room completely to make sure they are fully functioning. Our Engineeing department will put this function on a monthly schedule to ensure that our guests room systems are in order prior to renting. Our hope is to get another chance to show we care!

Regards,