“Excellent”

Dining style: Fine Dining
San Rafael, California
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were there with friends last night and what can I say....it exceeded my expectations. I had the
Sweet lobster pappardelle and it was delicious....everything in the restaurant was good. The Service, comfortable seating, low noise level, good views of the golf course and the steaks were great too according to my friends. The corkage fee also very low. They treated us really well.
Anyway I strongly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank estelasSanFrancisco

monterey
“ABALONE!!!!ABALONE!!!!ABALONE!!!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Where do i start.....wonderful dining room overlooking the golf course, attention to detail on service points flawless ;attentive yet never over-bearing . The food..... spectacular!!! crab fritters pillows of goodness, abalone app so phenomenal ordered it as an entree, steaks cooked to perfection with the accompaniment of every sauce imaginable and some you haven't !!!! One of the best leisurely dinners i have ever had, I felt like I was family!!! Thank you chef Jeff Jake from the bottom of my heart for the time spent at our table to the wonderful food and great service. THANK YOU!!!

• Visited July 2013
“Over-rated and over-priced”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The food was average at best. The service was below average, due to the fact that everyone in the place were kissing the feet of some Joe Pesci look alike. We would not waste our time or money again. I think the glory days of this place passed in the 1960's.

Visited August 2013
Carmel, California
“Amazing Food and Service”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We felt like VIP's we were a table of 5, the crab fritters, abalone, shrimp, beet shooter, wine suggestions and everything about this place was amazing. We had a beautiful view and Jeff Jake the executive chef came and spoke to us about our dining experience. You deserve every star.

Visited July 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Winemaker Dinner”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We just returned from a week of eating and tasting in Napa. We stayed at this resort (see review, thumbs down) and learned through the Internet that the restaurant was doing a Winemaker Dinner. Although pricey ($150+) it was wonderful! And worth it. DH and I are vegetarian so I sent an email asking if the prix fixe, meat heavy menu, could be modified for us. I received a quick, and courteous response that we could get a veggie dinner. The chef, Jeffrey Jake, wowed us! Every dish was beautifully presented, of substantial quantity/quality and delicious. If we lived nearby, we would attend the remaining dinners, a great way to spend the evening. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the outstanding waitstaff. I have not had such fabulous, attentive and old-world service in eons. The waitstaff are real professionals.

• Visited May 2013