From reading other reviews before we travelled, I am astonished that people were surprised at what they found. Let's get it out of the way first - "It's a trailer park!"
It's not even a high end trailer park - the trailers are relatively low-level single-wides, with a single bedroom each, a decently large living room, and relatively tiny bedrooms. We knew exactly what we were getting into and were adequately prepared. The only thing we found particularly amusing was the sort of "Fawlty Towers" pretense of it all. The towels are folded into funny animal shapes, the toilet paper and paper towels have origami folds, and the common area building is very impressive. The first day was the last we saw of housekeeping staff during our week, and we had to go to the Wal Mart across the street to purchase paper products. At least we were able to purchase two-ply, which was apparently more than the resort could afford.
That said, the "resort" was perfect for our stay. We travelled around Napa and Sonoma from a central location, had spacious outdoor and indoor areas to play cards and watch movies. The kitchens and shared grills were very nice, and the privacy factor was excellent (our party shared two adjoining trailers). I might have been upset had I paid full "retail" price, or had we shared a deck with unrelated people, but it worked out very well for us.
The Good: Living areas and decks are spacious and have cable. The location is central. Privacy is excellent. The kitchens and grills allow for some fancy cooking and eating (decent Tramonitina cookware and a variety of wine glasses included!). Bathrooms are large, handicapped access is excellent, and the river trail was beautiful.
The Bad: It's a trailer park! If you are paying full boat, you may find this troubling.
The Ugly: The Internet was spotty at best, failed three times during our stay. We had to call for an ISP reset each time as the front office couldn't do it. Single ply - 'nuff said. Housekeeping and trash pickup minimal. Our trailer wasn't level, which resulted in pooling of shower water in the bathroom. Jacuzzi and pool heater broken during our entire stay. Notice on replacement cost of plates ($4.86 each) if they were missing at the end of the stay was, ahem, tacky...
Summary: Understand what you're getting into, pay a reasonable price, and it's actually a fine place. If you want to cook, dine, and have quiet time in a private location, it's a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RiverPointe Napa Valley is a resort that will suit any type of vacation. We offer studio and one-bedroom cottages. Guests enjoy room amenities such as an outdoor deck, fully-equipped kitchen, king/queen sized bed, sofa sleeper, and deluxe bathrooms. Additionally, on-site amenities include indoor/outdoor games, outdoor heated swimming pool, two outdoor hot tubs, and complimentary laundry facilities. Our delightful country cottages are sure to give you the vacation you have always wanted. Minimum age required at check-in is 21. Please note that there is a daily resort fee of USD 11.00, plus tax. This fee will include Internet and parking. We’re always hard at work to improve your vacation experience. That’s why from 5/11/2015 to 5/28/2015, RiverPointe Napa Valley Resort is undergoing some renovations. Specifically, the exteriors of all the chalets. We understand that renovations are sometimes an inconvenience. You may notice some construction noise, and certain areas of the resort may be closed. However, the resort will still be open, and there’s still plenty of room for fun, relaxation, and savoring Napa Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your RiverPointe Napa Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverpointe Napa Valley Hotel Napa
- Riverpointe Hotel Napa
- RiverPointe Napa Valley Resort CA