“Beautiful resort with exceptional service”

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Beverly, MA
“Beautiful resort with exceptional service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

This resort is truly a treat! The rooms are beautiful and they even have their own wine tasting cave on the property. Really enjoyed the Jacuzzi after being in conference sessions all day.
We did a scavenger hunt as part of our conference and it was so unique. They even have their own bowling lanes and lots of great restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear KennedyBeverly_MA- I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our resort. It was a pleasure to have your group with us for the conference. Your review was wonderful and I am pleased you enjoyed Trinitas Cellars Tasting Room, Crush Ultra Lounge and the jacuzzi- a perfect mix of business and pleasure! I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you in the near future!

The Meritage Resort and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Our stay was mediocre, though the concierge was somewhat rude and not helpful at all for planning. When we left, however, we left a paperback book in the room. We called for days every day and continued to be given the run around. Ultimately nothing turned up. The concern for me here is that someone in the staff who access to guest rooms is flagrantly lying. I will never stay here again and will make sure no one I care about does either. Worst customer service period. Definitely the stay (and the food) are not worth the price you pay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Kathleen H
Dear Kathleen H. - Thank you for taking the time to reach out in regards to your recent stay with us. Your experience is certainly not indicative of our service standards and we sincerely apologize that you left our resort unhappy. Your situation has been addressed with all levels of our management team and supervisors, as we take any missing item situation very seriously. Again, I apologize for your experience and hope that we can work together to resolve. I have sent you a direct message to discuss further.

Tenbury Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

Lovely accommodation. Location just outside napa town, but shuttle service takes you in and out of napa anytime day or night free of charge. It's great fun on the shuttle bus after a night out in napa, the driver plays DVDs, and there's even disco lights !!!!! Nice cocktail bar with very friendly fun staff. Good restaurant too. It's quite a loud place to be, lots of people (of all ages) having fun in a loud way, but fun all the same.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear jackmurphy3,

Thanks for sharing comments about your recent stay with us at the Meritage Resort and Spa.Our complimentary shuttle is enjoyed by many of our guests throughout the year. A service we are pleased to offer along with everything else the resort has to enjoy. I hope the next time you travel across the pond you will return to Napa.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I came here for my 50th birthday. I just wanted to get out of town to someplace nice. This is a very nice place to stay with lots to do. You can hang out here all day with plenty of activities, or take the shuttle to town in the evening.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Scott B- Happy 50th Birthday to your wife! Thank you very much for choosing our resort for her special celebration. I am truly thrilled that you both enjoyed your time. Thank you very much for your kind review. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you in the near future!

Truly,

Fort Smith, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

This property is certainly very nice. The wine tasting cave and the spa are real nice and unique. I enjoyed walking through the vineyard, my room which was one of the one bedroom condos in the Cabernet building was extremely nice. The reason I rated it a four and almost rated it a three is that there is not a lot to do other than do wine tasting which can't last too long, walk through the grapes, which also doesn't take long, and lounge at the pool or the spa. The pool is just a so/so pool, not really nice enough I wanted to hang out at the pool all day. Very disappointing pool area for a "Resort", but nice enough for a general hotel. The shuttle doesn't start taking people to downtown Napa until 4:30 so transportation cost to Napa was $20.00 for a 4/5 mile trip, each way so just to go walk around the river area in Napa and wander in and out of shops was $40.00. I was there as a conference attendee and since I didn't want to spend all my time wine tasting, working out or lounging at the pool, I really found myself getting very bored...to remote to find places to explore by foot.

Room Tip: The condos in the cabernet building are very private, extremely large and beautifully decorated. Ne...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear cphilpot,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Meritage Resort and Spa. As a top contributor to tripadvisor we truly value your feedback. I will be certain to share your review with our team and consider any opportunities we may have further enhance the guest experience.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Just a quick overnight stay, scouting resorts for a week long conference.

Here's the bad:

Poor/non-existent cell phone reception, especially if you are an AT&T customer.
2-1/2 hour wait for room. They said they'd call when ready, but I had no cell coverage. I had to keep checking with front desk. I received an email that my room was ready about 15 minutes after I finally checked in.
My name was spelled wrong on reservation. They told me they corrected it, but did not (need you room # and last name to use Internet).
Early (11:00) checkout. I was able to get a late checkout.
Location (in an industrial park)
Not walking distance to Napa (but they have a "free" shuttle that runs every 45 minutes during certain hours). Not really free because it's included in the "resort fee"
$20/day resort fee-I'd prefer they just raise the room rate by $20

Here's the good:
Awesome rooms, each one has a mini fridge (nice for leftovers)
Rooms are new or newly updated
Awesome grounds (pools, hot tubs, bocci, etc.)
Lots of conference space
Awesome bar (Crush Ultra Lounge) with bowling alley, shuffle board, darts. Good beer selection.
Freindly staff
Nice fitness center
Spa

Even though I listed a few "bars" all the goods outweigh them. Nice place to come for a romantic getaway.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Joebuyer- We appreciate your very detailed account of your recent stay with us. Although I am pleased your overall experience was a good one, I am sorry there were details where we were not as consistent. Your review has been shared with the management team. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Randolph, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Was at the Meritage Resort and Spa in April for a conference. Hotel rooms very nice, grounds beautiful, views beautiful, amenities perfect, and staff were the most accommodating in the world. I wouldn't hesititate to recommend them or to stay there again if I were in the Napa Valley area again. Don't think twice!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GuestRelations M, Guest Relations Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear dlissaur,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Meritage Resort and Spa. Our accommodating staff is a large part of what makes our resort a great place to visit. The amazing views from the vineyard provide a wonderful feel of the Napa experience. Your recommendation is truly appreciated.

The Meritage Resort and Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
The Westin Verasa Napa
Bardessono
Bardessono
#2 of 6 in Yountville
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,279 reviews

Been to The Meritage Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!