“Wonderful Resort in Napa!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Meritage Resort and Spa

The Meritage Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Wonderful Resort in Napa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Meritage Resort and Spa. What a great setting and comfy yet elegant rooms. Our room overlooked the vineyards and the cave entrance.

We enjoyed the wine and food as well. Do try the spa for sure! You can also enjoy some bowling at the bowling alley on-site.

Great spot to relax after a day at the wineries!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the vineyards!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Peppygal
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Peppygal- As a Trip Advisor "Top Contributor", I sincerely appreciate your 5-star review. I thank you taking the time to share your thoughts, photos and overall feedback on our property. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to relax. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
Koh Yao Yai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Wonderful 4 star hotel, with excellent facilities and very helpful staff. Rooms are well appointed, clean and user-friendly. Located within 10 minutes of the middle of Napa. Try the Siena restaurant for a great meal.

Room Tip: Great fitness facility.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear PhuketDavid- It certainly seems like you enjoyed your overall stay at The Meritage! I am so pleased. Thank you very much for taking the time to review our resort and sharing your feedback.

Cheers,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

The Meritage Resort and Spa is very comfortable. Great place to wind down after day activities, played some pool in the bar area, others were bowling. Appetizers were very good and the wine of course. The staff was very helpful and a pleasure. I will definitely stay here again. They also have a free shuttle into town and pick up service. Great when you have had a few glasses of wine.

Room Tip: Our room faced the vineyard with a balcony. Enjoyed a glass of wine before turning in.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear rachelle1006- Thank you for visiting us from Southern California! I appreciate your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased you were able to wind down and retreat to Crush Ultra Lounge for a game of pool. I hope you have a chance to visit us again in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stay at the Meritage every few months for business and sometimes I bring my two children (in their 20s) with me to make it a family vacation. This hotel is fantastic! The lobby and rooms are beautiful and luxurious. The Siena Restaurant is great - the Sunday buffet is very huge and has everything we could want, with incredibly attentive service. The pool area has a view of a hillside vineyard that is part of the hotel - we really feel like we're in the heart of Wine Country. The location is the most convenient in Napa - it's accessible to the wineries and sights further up Napa Valley, but it's on the south end of Napa, making for a quick trip to the San Francisco airport without getting bogged down in Napa Valley traffic. We always look forward to our visits to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank David D
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear David D.- Thank you for your continued support and staying with us for your business trips. I am pleased you bring your two children- what a treat for all of you to spend some time quality time together! I appreciate all of your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Montville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We (group of 27) stayed here for 50th surprise party in March 2014. The hotel is immaculate and the staff were great. Recommend going over to Crush Bar one night and go bowling... lots of fun. The onsite winery and tastings is a nice perk and the spa is also a great amenity. Would recommend that they make a larger fitness center. Concierge was extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. Sharon Trieste was awesome; she helped arrange transportiona from Fisherman's Whart to Sasaulito to Meritage and wine tasting tours. Everyone enjoyed their time at the Meritage. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Brian G- Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your 5-star review. Your group was a pleasure to have stay with us for the 50th surprise party! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased you had a good time and enjoyed the overall experience. I will certainly share your kind words with Sharon! I am pleased you had a chance to venture out and experience Fisherman's Wharf, Sausalito and wine tasting as well!

Cheers,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Just arrived for a conference and the place is outstanding. I was a little bit worried after reading the reviews but the place exceeds expectations. I was worried about the construction but it appears to be finished. My room #200 appears brand new and I can even smell the fresh paint. I appreciate the renovation. The pool is large for a hotel and it is immaculate. Strongly recommend.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GuestRelations M, Director of Sales at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear MrJones52- Welcome to The Meritage Resort! I appreciate you taking the time to review our resort. Rest assured, we strive and aim to provide the most comfortable experience during your time with us. I am pleased you are enjoying the renovations. May your time at the conference be a great one! Thank you again.

Warm regards,

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Came up to Napa to celebrate our anniversary and stayed at this hotel. Upon entering, we were greeted by the friendly staff. Resort is huge! With a couple of restaurants/bars on site, makes it more convenient for those that don't have a car, although I heard there was a shuttle to take you downtown. Decided to check in on yelp and get a free wine opener as well. Our room was spectacular and in a wing that separated it from the main downstairs area, so you can't hear all the wino's making noises, as they consume more alcohol. King bed was comfortable, and bathrooms were big and new. We enjoyed the plush white robes that hung in the closet. This weekend was busy with a women winemaker event but the resort was big enough that you didn't notice there were lots of people enjoying themselves. Went to the tasting room, and enjoyed a sampling. Bordeaux 07' was our fav at $50 per bottle. We also walked around the vineyard. I've read the reviews about this place being behind a business park, but so what? Didn't make a difference to me! Rather have it here instead of that ugly, smelly, canal thing that's in DT. After our dinner, the hub dropped me off at the front before going to find parking (feet were killing me in heels), valet ran up to open the door for me. Now that's what I call service! The grounds were well maintained and the pool area next to the tasting room was for adults, which is great! I definitely agree that there are some places where children don't need to be. There were a group of loud women from NJ having a grand ol time getting their drunk on around the pool. It just reminded me of RHONJ. Luckily there wasn't any broken wine glasses! Haha.
Would definitely return.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jollygirl2013
Dear Jollygirl2013- It certainly sounds like you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you kindly for all of your feedback. It is important to take those "mini trips" and I appreciate you choosing to spend it at The Meritage. I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Director of Sales and Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
The Westin Verasa Napa
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#2 of 6 in Yountville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,010 reviews

Been to The Meritage Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!