“Nice Hotel...”

The Meritage Resort and Spa
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a very good time at the Meritage. Our room was very clean and appeared to be fairly new.
Our room service attendant, Manny was wonderful, he was very friendly.
The food at both bars was very good.The spa was really nice too. We opted for a late check out (6 pm) so that was really nice. I wouldn't say this is a "resort" and it is NOT worth the money that we paid, but it is a nice place to stay if you are in Napa. Would I stay there again? Not for the price we paid.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
MeritageHotelManager, Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for your review! We apologize if we were unable to live up to your expectations. We are pleased, however, to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you'll join us again soon for a bite in the Siena Restaurant or the Crush Ultra Lounge. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Loved this place! Beautiful grounds and room, friendly staff (though we did avoid concierge as recommended here), close enough to downtown. We really enjoyed the free wine tasting on Friday night. In the wine tasting cave, the older guy who ties his sweater around his neck like a lame a$$, was very unhelpful and slow to serve us and just seemed really stuck up, but fortunately a couple of other guys showed up and they jumped right in to help us and were great.
Housekeeping tried to take our souvenir wine glasses we got with the cave tasting. Everything else here was great though and I'd stay again.

1  Thank happymom24
MeritageHotelManager, Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for a great review! We are elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments and feedback, and the shortcomings you mentioned will surely be addressed with our teams. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is a very nice property. The grounds are beautiful with many cool features (small vineyard on the hill with a picnic area, outdoor seating with firepits, etc). The staff here was extremely friendly and helpful from the time I arrived until departure. The rooms were well done with comfortable beds and large modern bathrooms with a nice walk-in shower. Our room had a great view of the pool area and vineyard. The property has a nice cafe for a fast, tasty breakfast. We also enjoyed the complimentary evening wine. Overall this was a great place to stay and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
MeritageHotelManager, Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for a great review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We can assure you our team will be recognized for their efforts in creating such an impression on you! We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return to the Meritage Resort & Spa!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I purchased a groupon for a 2 night stay at the resort. Was a little disappointed when I was quoted less than I paid when I phoned the morning I wanted to stay. Oh well, my fault.
Maybe I am a hotel snob. But this resort is like a huge Best Western to me.
The shower curtain was tattered, the dresser was broken(you had to shove it to get it closed) the bath stop was worn, door on one side of double doors was broken and didn't open, and 2 out of the 3 table lamps would not turn on. (Actually scratch that, I had to take the mini fridge out to plug in the table lamp as it had been pulled out of the wall.) No ipod docking station!(1st thing I feel is important in a hotel room)
As I said, maybe it was me, but I have stayed in other resorts in the area for a better price and rooms twice the size. I was traveling with two children, so it was fine. But if I was just with my husband I would have been pissed. Beds very uncomfortable. Staff was nice though, just not worth the $.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sns646

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize if we were unable to live up to your expectations. We hope that you'll give us another chance. We are looking into the issues you mentioned, and thank you for bringing them to our attention. We hope that you'll join us again and experience the world-class guest service that we are known for. Please come again soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Meritage was a wonderful place to stay. From the front desk staff, to everyone that works at the resort, they are caring and share great customer service with guests. The Cave is beautiful inside and the wine tasting was a lot of fun and educational. The rooms were first class and very comfortable. The bathrooms are spacious and have beautiful tile, a large walk-in shower and top- rate accessories. The conference center was spacious and boosts a comfortable atmosphere. The food served at the resort was wonderful and the staff was very accommodating for all types of requests. I will definitely return to The Meritage for a vacation with my family in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
MeritageHotelManager, Manager at The Meritage Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Thank you for a terrific review! We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate your loyalty. Please join us again for a bite in the Siena Restaurant or a Swedish Massage at the Spa Terra. We look forward to your return, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This resort is located in an office park area, about 7 miles from downtown Napa. The room we had was a double queen. Very beautiful and spacious with a large bathroom. Room service was efficient, and the breakfast delivered was excellent. We dined in both Crush (salads for lunch were nice) and Siena, where I had a delicious chicken avocado club for lunch. The spa is gorgeous. I enjoyed a nice massage and relaxed in the sauna followed by the jacuzzi. I highly recommend these services and/or the tasting room in 'The Cave'. Anytime we needed anything, the staff was accommodating and polite. My only gripes were on check in, we noticed the room refrigerator was not working and it required calling guest services three times (within four hours)before a maintenance man finally showed up, switching our refrigerator with another. On our morning of check out, we were relaxing in the room, when at 8:30am, housekeeping knocked on the door to see if we had left yet. This is just too early, in my opinion. We did receive a corporate rate of $159/night and for this rate, and even a bit more, I would return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the invonviences you encountered during your stay. We would like the opportunity to remedy the situation. Will you please contact the Front Office and ask for me directly? I am hoping to learn more about your situation, so it won't happen again. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindly,
Evan Harrelson
707.251.1909

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Driving up to the The Meritage Resort and Spa was seeing a beautiful resort. From the time we entered the resort the warmth and friendlness of the staff was apparent everywhere!! The man
at reservations was so pleasant and helpful! Our room had water and a welcoming bottle of wine for us! We truly enjoyed The Crush with its unique bowling alleys, great food and wonderful staff that were so attentive! We enjoyed the wine tasting in Trinitas Wine Cave,too.. We had dinner at the Siena Restaurant that was amazing with wonderful service! The grounds are extraordinary and pictures do not do it justice! Getting up in the morning and looking out over the vineyards is breath-taking! We can hardly wait to go back! Great job by all!! Claudiac 01/17/13

1  Thank Claudia1944

Thank you for an excellent review! We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at the Meritage Resort & Spa. It sounds like you truly took advantage of many of the amenities we have to offer. Our team will surely be recognized for leaving a lasting impression on you. We hope that you'll join us again soon, and we look forward to your return!