“Unbelievable risotto”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

Upon a glance you would never think this would be a great spot for a vegan. Wow! We had almonds and olives for appetizers. Then tomato salad minus the cheese. Incredible! Then gazpacho..even more delish. They customized an entree of risotto. I can't even describe how creamy and tasty it was. It exceeded my expectations!

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (517)

Reviewed September 6, 2016

This place was highly recommended but we were disappointed. Very expensive, The portions were small and the food a bit bland. Seems like they were trying too hard to be upscale and trendy. I travel and eat out a lot. Won't be going back.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 6, 2016

I really hate reviews that start out b*&^%ing about the check, but that is really the rub here. At TORC, the food is solid, the restaurant beautiful and it seems to be well run. Skip the "snacks," as they are only okay. Deviled eggs are good, not great and no better than my grandmother's, but the filling is dyed an off putting green for some reason. Hum. The Jamon Iberia were a bit mushy, not bad but it was a garlic powered hush puppy. Peppers are good, but they were served with some non-existent "lemon oil." There was not enough of it in the bottom of the bowl to flavor all the peppers, which were perfectly scorched. The foie gras was excellent, paired with a perfect sauterns. Lovely really. Finished it off with the New York strip for two, which was perfectly cooked and a nice piece of beef. Service was adequate, the server was professional, nothing more, but let's be fair everyone has a bad day and that is when you bring your A game, so this is not a beef, but a brag. In the end we enjoyed the experience but not for what you can eat at a Michelin single star. I am not a tight wad, to the contrary, but when you pay your check you should feel that the experience was worth it. I felt a little overcharged. So here it is, my first review where I complained about the check. My, my, my.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

My husband and I went there for my birthday dinner recently. In all the years we have been going to the Napa Valley we have never been to down town Napa. It is a cool town. We enjoyed our dinner at Torc. I had the Lobster Risotto and was tasty.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 4, 2016

Forget all the famous chefs and book here. One of the best meals I have ever had. Great great service, I wanted to eat everything on the menu. I wish I could go back once a week. Had the ravioli, egg plant salad.