“Best soft shell crab I have ever had!”
Review of TORC

TORC
Ranked #18 of 303 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriends and I went here for a dinner and were blown away. All of the food was memorable particularly the soft shell crab, razor clam and deviled eggs. The service was attentive and friendly. It was our best meal while we were there!!

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (517)

Reviewed June 26, 2016

Hip place with great food and interesting menu selections. It's very easy to find right in downtown Napa. We share a handful of dishes - all were fantastic. High recommended!

Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

We had an awesome family dinner here. The food was superb, the service professional yet still friendly. The wine list is amazing (as expected in the Napa). The signature filet dish was amazing. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

We had dinner at Torc which was fantastic
The food is top notch and the service flawless. The wine list is very good too
We each had an appetizer including hamachi crudo which was a sashimi dish and soft shelled crab followed by entree of
Poussin which is a small poultry bird dish and another entree of scallops
Be prepared to spend a lot here as it is not a place that can be enjoyed on the cheap
The restaurant is also small with a high ceiling and so the noise level is high when it is busy.
Our server was very knowledgable about the wine list which helped since it was the most expensive item that we had.
I would highly recommend Torc for those who are looking for a special dining experience and are willing to pay for it

Reviewed June 17, 2016

Don't dine here alone! I had a reservation for one person. I was offered a beverage and discussed the menu with the server and ordered the octopus as an appetizer. About half an hour later, I asked the manager if the kitchen was "in the weeds". After checking with the server, she thought I was waiting for my companion before serving. I think the food is very confused with too many ingredients with the ingredients not playing nicely together. The octopus was nicely cooked, which is a feat in itself . However, there was a huge amount of "sauce" drawn all over the plate and food along with many other ingredients. This did not let the protein shine in its' beautiful simplicity. I couldn't tell what I was eating with all of the conflicting flavors.

Another fave, soft shell crabs suffered from the same zealous over saucing and ingredients. Again the protein was cooked well, albeit quite salty with too many ingredients.

the service did not get any better and the manager was quite contrite about my opinion of the food.

I think there are so many good restaurants in the area that one need not waste their food dollars here. Maybe have a drink at the bar and eat elsewhere.

1  Thank greatcats