“Delightful, and great atmosphere”
Review of TORC

TORC
Ranked #18 of 303 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2016

Honestly, I can't say a negative thing about this experience. Torc is a lovely restaurant - the service is flawless and the ambience is modern and romantic. Absolutely loved the food - we had the octopus starter, pasta with bolognese and wild mushrooms for our main. Everything was delicious (including the cocktails) and we felt well taken care of and attended to. We'll be back!

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a reviewReviews (517)

Reviewed May 26, 2016 via mobile

Torc deserves one or more Michelin stars. Absolutely loved the food, the wine, the service, the venue. Deliciously outstanding. Go there now!

Reviewed May 23, 2016

Service was flawless. No complaints of any kind. However, for about $300 out the door with tip, a farm to table restaurant needs to hit the mark with every dish. Torc, sadly, falls short on this measure.

Started with terrine of foie gras. It was essentially a cold and flavorless slab of fat. I enjoyed far more the preserved kumquats served with the dish than the foie gras itself.

Had a side of garden fresh peas. The peas, while properly cooked, were somewhat old and large. Not up to the standard a restaurant like this should hit.

"Foraged" mushrooms appeared, in large part, to be common varieties available at most decent produce markets. They mushroom were a bit hard to sort out as they had been shopped into relatively small pieces. If you are going to go to the trouble to forage mushrooms cook them in a way that preserves their appearance no? I love mushrooms. But not these. The presentation was uninspired and the texture was slimy. There was no particular flavor to them. Your average short order steak house cook sautéing criminis in butter produces a far more appetizing product.

The braised short rib was, in contrast to the rest of the meal, perfect. Cooked to the point where the meat was tender and succulent without being overdone.

The cheeses at the end were ok, but I would expect a bit more pungency from a place advertising itself as having a deep appreciation of local products. There are some very good California cheeses out there, I think they tried to play it a bit too safe here and toned down the earthiness of the selections. Not what I was looking for.

My wife and I have different preferences in wine and so look to wines by the glass. There was a somewhat limited selection in this regard although plenty of options by the bottle.

2  Thank tpsnyderca
Reviewed May 12, 2016

Torc is located in the center of Napa, or at least what appeared as the center of town to me, and just a 15 minute walk from the Westin Verasa where we were staying. The restaurant is decorated very much in keeping with the feel of Napa and Napa valley, the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and the recommendations we got were spot on. Everything we ate was delightful, my highlight was the porchetta, and the dark chocolate marquise was rich and so well composed, the best way to end a beautiful evening.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed May 11, 2016

Torc was absolutely delicious. It is kind of on the expensive side, but we treated ourselves to one nice dinner while in Napa.

We started with pakora and green deviled eggs. There was nothing all that exceptional about the green eggs, but the pakora was delightful.

My husband ordered the porchetta and loved it and I got the handmade tagliatelle with crab. OMG so good.

We finished dinner up with the lemon parfait and that's probably the only part I would have skipped.

Date of visit: April 2016