“Great local hole in the wall diner”
Review of Soscol Cafe - CLOSED

Soscol Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a tiny diner that focuses more on their food and service that their looks, and it was excellent. It probably only seats 30 or so people, but we got their at a great time and walked right in and got a roomy booth. The waitresses very friendly and attentive, the food was great, the portions were large and our bill wasn't. We had a filling breakfast ( hot cakes, bacon, eggs and coffee) that was perfect before a day of wine tastings.

There are newer reviews for Soscol Cafe

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

This place doesn't have a great location or a beautiful venue but the food is delicious! We each ordered Huevoes Rancheros and the eggs were cooked to our specifications. The pico and guacamole were spicy yet mild.
The place was clean and did not smell greasy, but it was tiny and you were close to other guests.
We would eat here again for a good, reasonably priced breakfast in Napa!

1  Thank just1beth
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had Saturday BIG breakfast before going out for a long day of wine tasting. We had to wait about 20 minutes - it's a very small restaurant - but it was worth the wait. I had french toast, bacon and two eggs. Really good! thick bread on the french toast. My husband had ham, eggs, hash browns and toast, all very good and huge portions! My friends both ordered huevos rancheros and they loved it. The outside of the building is a bit dumpy, but don't judge a book by its cover because the food was great and reasonably priced!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The outside is not so inviting, but inside is a very cozy, friendly place. The food was fresh, delicious, and impressively sizable. The location is very close to the Fairgrounds and a reasonable walk across and then along the river from the main riverfront shopping. Most importantly for me, I inadvertently left my camera bag just outside the cafe when leaving. Someone picked it up and the restaurant called my number on the bag to let me know that they were keeping it safe until I returned to pick it up. How kind!--a what a relief for me, the traveler!!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Been there a few times---Small place with great food and huge portions. Sometimes a wait to get in---kind of a hole-in-the wall but a fun place with good service--prices are really good too