“It was great!”

Napa Valley Balloons, Inc.
Ranked #1 of 30 Outdoor Activities in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Come join us for an exhilarating sunrise balloon flight over the beautiful Napa Valley. Enjoy a scenic and memorable flight with one of our experienced pilots and join us in celebration at our post flight champagne breakfast. Napa's Premier Hot Air Balloon Company with over thirty-five years of safety and excellence - Featured on Oprah! and Today - The Balloon Company Trusted to fly Chelsea Clinton - Comfortable State of the art Aircraft - No hidden fees.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 19, 2013

It was the best thing that I did on my trip to California. Seeing Napa Valley from the sky in early November was beautiful! I never felt afraid at all. The basket was very well built and I felt very safe. My guide was Bob and he was great! Don't be fooled the ballon was called "Tequila" but you never get a shot. You do get a champagne breakfast afterwards. I would not hestitate to do this again.

1  Thank norma_clark
Write a ReviewReviews (1,605)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"afraid of heights"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had a wonderful time getting up,up and away with Napa Valley Balloons. We met the guides at the Domaine Chandon Winery where Coffee, bagels, and juices were available. After checking in and receiving safety instructions, we met our Pilot, Bob Swanson. We were aloft in no time, and Bob kept us informed every step he took, all the while checking his surroundings and assuring us of a lifetime experience!
When we were able to lift up to around 2000 ft, and we were able to see San Pablo Bay, and the distant city of San Francisco. Our landing was a little unusual because the landing site we headed toward still had another balloon on the ground, so we made a soft landing in a neighborhood cul de sac!
All made out fine, but it took some time to deflate the balloon and collect everyone together to get back in the transport van.
Once we were back at the winery, we were treated to a wonderful Champagne breakfast, and were able to chat with the staff some more. One of them actually gave me a complimentary 2 for 1 Tour and tasting at a winery I was planning on visiting!
All in all it was a wonderful experience that I would highly recommend if it's on your Bucket List!!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and I were in Napa, CA, a couple of weeks prior to our 50th wedding anniversary. To commemorate the occasion, our daughter and son-in-law presented us with a hot air balloon flight. The company they chose, Napa Valley Balloons, turned out to be very fortunate for us. The day began early, before sunrise, at the Domaine Chandon Winery where we checked in and were treated to coffee, juice, pastries, and fruit before departing for our flight. We travelled by van to a nearby golf course where our balloons awaited. We were divided into groups for the various balloons, ours was named "Grasshopper" and was piloted by Gabe. We watched as the tall balloons were inflated and then climbed aboard for our grand adventure. The take off and flight was extremely smooth as we soared over the vineyards and large houses that surround Napa. Because it was Fall, the grape vines were a profusion of reds and yellows. All too soon, about an hour later, it was time to land, again very smoothly, and be vanned back to the Chandon Winery for a sumptuous buffet breakfast where we had a chance to visit with our pilot and ask many questions. I highly recommend this experience and look forward to a repeat performance.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I am so glad I did this, I am afraid of heights. My husband really wanted to do this so I put my fears aside and went for it. This had to be one of the best experience of my life. The height did not bother me did not even feel yourself going up. The view was breath taking and seeing the sunrise was beautiful. If you are in Napa Valley this is a must. I enjoyed every minute and have some great pictures.

2  Thank Mkpepe