“Napa Valley Balloons Engagement Flight”

Napa Valley Balloons, Inc.
Ranked #1 of 31 Outdoor Activities in Napa
More attraction details
Owner description: Come join us for an exhilarating sunrise balloon flight over the beautiful Napa Valley. Enjoy a scenic and memorable flight with one of our experienced pilots and join us in celebration at our post flight champagne breakfast. Napa's Premier Hot Air Balloon Company with over thirty-five years of safety and excellence - Featured on Oprah! and Today - The Balloon Company Trusted to fly Chelsea Clinton - Comfortable State of the art Aircraft - No hidden fees.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Let me just start by saying what an amazing experience!! Prelude to the flight: Boyfriend tricked me into thinking I would be riding a camel (yeah I know, you must be thinking, "camel ride in Napa..really?!!") Arriving at Domaine Chandon: I loved the coffee and pastries, I needed the coffee badly... We were told that there was too much fog in the valley and would need to use the alternate launch site, an awesome option because other balloon companies cancel the flight altogether. Arriving at launch site: I was happy I got to see the process of blowing the balloons up and even more happy when I found out our private balloon "Tinkerbell" would be making its Maiden journey into the sky. We were told they were still trying out names for their brand new balloon. John our pilot was awesome; very knowledgeable and entertaining; telling us stories about the different balloons, information about the area we were flying over, and answering any questions we had; all the time knowing that my boyfriend was about to propose and keeping it a secret. :-) Good job John! Engagement time: Midway through our flight, my boyfriend proposed and I said yes of course! John made sure to take many photos with his GoPro... I must have said how I thought we were going to ride a camel that day; one too many times, that John came up with the awesome idea of calling the new balloon "The Camel," just so I could say that I rode one. Not sure what it will be called next time I visit but to me it will always be "The Camel." End of flight: We returned to base in our own shuttle and John explained the different areas and showed us another landing site on the way back. We returned to a breakfast buffet and never ending mimosas, a great way to end the experience. John also spent extra time after breakfast giving us suggestions on where to go and what wineries to visit. Thank you again Napa Valley Balloons and John our amazing pilot!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,705)
All reviews
in 39 reviews
"delicious breakfast"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Waking at 5AM on my birthday was unusual for us but well worth the effort. NVB staff was very professional, and our very first hot air balloon ride won't be our last. We were a bit disappointed in the breakfast at Domaine Chandon - just very basic buffet of scrambled eggs, etc. The Chandon mimosas were flowing non-stop for a great beginning to a memorable birthday touring Napa Valley.

1  Thank TexasGal_9
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were excited and a little nervous about experiencing our first hot air balloon ride (and my wife is fearful of heights!). This company does it right. From our light continental breakfast and briefing before take-off to the flight to the post-flight champagne breakfast, it was all perfectly organized and exceeded our expectations. Unfortunately, due to fog that came in the morning, we were routed to another near-by valley for our flight. Those riding were offered full refunds or given the opportunity to take the new route - no one chose the refund. We were bused to the new site and the balloons were set and waiting for our arrival. Ken Custis was our pilot and put us right at ease soaring to 3,000 feet at one point. Ken was generous with his time to answer questions and all of the staff couldn't have been friendlier. Pictures taken on the flight were $15 - well worth it. Ken was great and landed us softly with precision. The champagne breakfast later was delicious, service was good and the Domain Chandon champagne or Mimosas were plentiful I give this company a 10 out of 10. No doubt this was a highlight of our trip and a nice break from wine-tasting. One recommendation: Men and women WEAR A HAT! The flames that heat the balloon are warm to the top of the head and neck.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We did a lot on our 6 day trip to SF and Napa but the balloon ride was the best money spent. Gabe was our pilot and did a great job, he answered all of our questions then got us safely back on the ground. This is a must do in Napa.