“Red Hen is a local favorite...”
Review of Red Hen Cantina

Red Hen Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Hen Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 295 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wine Country Ave
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have gone to the Red Hen Cantina 4 or 5 times. Some friends and I have gone for happy hour. The staff is quite accommodating and the service is good and prompt. I had the unfortunate experience though of the bartender giving my credit card to someone else by mistake. (Luckily this person was honest and gave it back the next day.) It was inconvenient because I had to leave town, but it all eventually worked out and the Red Hen Manager was nice enough to give us a free meal for my trouble. Red Hen has good food, good drinks and great guacamole. Easy parking too.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The Red Hen is an institution in Napa. We were pleased to find that our three different selections were of very good quality and of sufficient portions to match the slightly elevated "Napa" pricing. I was impressed with the over-the-top amount of carnitas in the burrito I ordered. Beers were very fresh. Service was attentive but meal delivery on this Friday night was a bit slow. The complimentary chips and salsa were outstanding and replenished upon demand.
Parking is adequate but requires entrance on the north end with exit only on the south.
Overall, a good experience for us three.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This place use to be good a few years ago, now its ok to fair.
The service is ok sometimes but its hit or miss at best. The food not what it use to be at one time. There are better places to get mexican food in napa. The only thing we liked when we use to go there was the outdoor seating.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

this place is good for what it does - simple mexican food at a good price. i had the mexican pizza (bit greasy but tasty) and my wife had the fajitas - also good. the service was mixed- the middle aged blondish lady who showed us to our table and gave the menus seemed bored and uninterested - but the guy who actually waited the table was helpful. the food was also reasonably priced - compared to the crap we saw in other napa cities.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am not a huge fan of Mexican food which isnt a good start to visit a Red Hen but staying next door at the isolated hotel we had limited choice one night. Plastic chairs, filthy floor, napkins and rubbish everywhere. Poor food, luke warm and uninspiring. Good point was the young service staff who tried their best to make up for the really moderate experience this restaurant offers.