“Hands down, best tasting.”
Review of Hendry Ranch Wines

Hendry Ranch Wines
Ranked #19 of 195 things to do in Napa
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

George takes the pretentious out of wine tasting and gives you a true education. Great tour and tasting.

2  Thank Doverho

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Their session (in room only) is excellent for beginners as they really spent time to explain the differences between the types of (their) wine and you get to sample 9 of them.

They also seem to really care for their products so you'd find yourself very comfortable buying them for knowing efforts been made to produce them.

palate-wise I think they're just average, but my friends like them and joined their membership (well, to each their own)

1  Thank echo-i
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I learned more about wine during this tasting than I ever expected to in my life. It was really cool to learn why certain wines go with certain foods and how they actually make the food taste better. The wines were excellent and the package you can buy to bring wine home as a carry one worked perfectly. I would highly recommend this tasting to anyone who does not know a lot about wine. I'm not a big wine drinker, but after this tasting I definitely will be drinking a lot more of it!

1  Thank psych1014
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We recently took the Hendry winery tour with the owner of the Ranch, George. This was an amazing experience. We decided to sign up for the 1.5 (ended up being closer to 2 hour) tour and I must admit I was hesitant. I do not find most winery tours to be good and generally don't take them. This was the best tour I have ever taken. I learned more about wine and about tasting wine from George than I have learned in 12 years of drinking wine. While I enjoyed touring the ranch and the wine making/barrel storage areas, the best part by far was the tasting experience. George took the time to explore the wines with us, and teach us about pairing the wines with foods. I never really understood how food changes and improves the taste of the wine. What a wonderful experience! A huge plus, was the quality of the Hendry wines. They were almost all wonderful. I would recommend this tour to almost anyone, the only exception would be loud, rowdy groups. George takes this very seriously and so this would not be a good place for a Bachelor/Bachelorette party who wants to drink and party.

2  Thank at9x
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A tour of the Hendry winery was a most informative experience for us. Jeff gave us a lot of information and we had a great, and informative, tasting. At 2+ hours it was clear that they care about what you learn. On top of this they have great wine. If you are tempted to go to go to Sinsky, go here instead. The best part: the cost of the tour can be offset by an equivalent purchase of wine.

1  Thank Dick D