“Very intersting menu, great food, wine”
Review of Pearl - CLOSED

Pearl
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2008

My wife and I had an excellent meal at Pearl during a September trip to Napa. The menu had several great choices and the prices were very reasonable for a good restaurant, especially in an area where some restaurants offer more 'tourist' prices. The service was excellent and we found several bottles of local wines in a variety of price ranges on the menu. We will definately be back the next time we are in Napa.

Reviewed June 30, 2008

My new husband & I traveled to Napa Valley for our honeymoon & after a week of phenomenal food, service and wine, we were pretty pumped to reserve our big night out for Saturday at Pearl. The oysters were yummy - we shared the Oysters Pearl w/ the salsa verde & feta cheese. Since they were roasted, they were more appetizing to my beloved who doesn't normally opt to order them. I ordered the special - panko breaded soft shelled crab on a housemade cole slaw. The cole slaw isn't what you have in mind (KFC style?) it was really yummy. The crab was meatier than expected - yay! but it was breaded almost too much - and this says a lot because I usually can't get enough breading! I think I'd set the expectation level high as one of the chefs is also a proprietor so I was miffed at the shortcomings of our menu items. My honey ordered the NY Steak - steak au poivre. The server even warned my husband that this particular steak is caked in peppercorns, so since he already isn't a fan of peppercorns this was a fitting warning & he asked for 'light on the peppercorns, but feel free to add blue cheese!' He only got a small melon ball sized blue cheese garnish & the steak was not cooked medium rare...OK, maybe in the very center it was cooked medium rare, but mostly medium - practically medium well. There was no pink until the center inch of the steak. It was juicy and flavorful, but even after scraping the top, sides and bottom as much as possible, the peppercorns were super over-powering and it wasn't the superb meal we'd looked forward to. We ordered the cheesecake, but it was taking so long we decided to cancel it. Our server was great and attentive, we didn't feel like that was an issure. We had just expected a lot more. The location is beautiful and we had a table on the patio that was great - intimate. When we got our check, the server wrapped the cheesecake to go w/o charging us. We felt bad - it was a really nice gesture and yet, unnecessary. We obliged and enjoyed it later. I think we'd go again, because of the service and the location or even just for the oysters, but maybe for dinner, we'd order something several different patrons could rave about...

2  Thank InstantMillionaires
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Napa, California
Reviewed May 7, 2008

great portebello mushroom sandwich

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 11, 2008

I love this little 40ish seat restaurant. I'm a fan of the bar seating so you can indulge in watching the prepration of your dinner. I've never been a big oyster fan but loved the challenge a friend introduced by ordering a sampler of all thier offered oyster shooters.
A good way to giggle with friends over the faces made.
Last time I had the Roast Duck Special and it was amazing. The service is wonderful as well, being so small they have an easier time focusing on every customer.
But dont tell anyone!! This is a little Napa secret!!

2  Thank NVMconcierge
Reviewed November 9, 2006

Pearl restaurant is an intimate, cozy place for a wonderful dinner! Be sure to try the pork chop - it's awesome! :)

2  Thank VintageNapa