“Phenomenal Food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Angele Restaurant and Bar

Angele Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Angele Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th St.
Description: Angèle Restaurant & Bar is an intimate restaurant perched above the Napa River. The 155-seat restaurant is the realization of the Rouas family's dream to create a refuge that offers delicious French country foods, wines, and occasions for celebration with friends and family. With all-day service within the 80-seat rustic yet elegant dining room and on the 75-seat riverfront terrace, celebration is ongoing. Together the Rouas family have designed an oasis where a European sensibility of food and wine captures the true essence of joie de vivre.
San Diego, CA, USA
“Phenomenal Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2006

We ate at Angele our first night in Napa for an extended vacation, and it set the tone for our entire trip. The food was fantastic, and the service exceptional. We even got a recommendation for a small winery near by that we set an appointment for, and it was one of the best experiences. Tripp (the head chef) certainly has refined tastes in cuisine, and the mac and cheese is a wonderful traditional side dish! Highly recommended!!

2 Thank BBowden

Miami
“most relaxing day in the valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2006

On a very rainy dreamy February Sunday I ended up in this cozy French bistro for lunch thinking my day in the valley was over. I had a good book with me and some appetite and no company . I ended up having a slow lazy lunch for over 3 hours , reading my book, sipping some great Pino Noir my friendly waiter and waitress served. No one even rushed me when I was enjoying the best window view all by myself . The dishes are simple and true to the bistro tradition enhanced by the organic California colors .. Cheese plates and deserts are to die for.. I guess it was the subtle French music in the background with some good wine that made my day. I will make sure I get back here when I can with or without company. Angele will make you feel real anchored again . Take a day to feed the soul and enjoy..

3 Thank MiamiPeri220
Westchester County, NY
“Lunch was great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2005

This was the first place we ate while in Napa. The hotel recommended it. We were not disappointed. My husband had the hamburger and I had the open tuna melt. Nice setting. I recommend it!

2 Thank nyjen
Buffalo, NY
“Very Nice Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2004

Had a very enjoyable dining experience at the Angele restaurant in Napa. The patio was full so we had to eat inside which was fine. The menu had many interesting choices. The food was excellent. The bread was fresh and served warm. Service was very good. Overall it was a nice evening and we would definitely recommend the Angele.

3 Thank Robert8181
A TripAdvisor Member
“You can eat and Angele and take a gondola ride in one stop.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2004

The best: food, ambiance, views of gondola and Napa river, patio and service to be found in NApa Valley.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member