“Great Napa Eatery”

Angele Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Angele Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 285 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th St.
Description: Angèle Restaurant & Bar is an intimate restaurant perched above the Napa River. The 155-seat restaurant is the realization of the Rouas family's dream to create a refuge that offers delicious French country foods, wines, and occasions for celebration with friends and family. With all-day service within the 80-seat rustic yet elegant dining room and on the 75-seat riverfront terrace, celebration is ongoing. Together the Rouas family have designed an oasis where a European sensibility of food and wine captures the true essence of joie de vivre.
Canberra, Australia
“Great Napa Eatery”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Nice atmosphere, good service, diverse French menu. We enjoyed the clams/scallop for starter then the lamb shank and pasta for main. I would go back here.

• Visited February 2013

Leesburg, Virginia
“Faux Filet”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Angele’s was highly recommended by the proprietor of our B&B – she didn't steer us wrong. Every dish was cooked to perfection and the service was outstanding.

The Ventrêche De Porc (pork belly) was very nice. I’m more accustomed to a crispy skin but this was most enjoyable nonetheless – and with a generous portion. The highlight of my experience was without a doubt the Faux Filet. Ok, I’m not one to lend hyperbole to these reviews, but this was one of the finest pieces of meat I've ever had. I’m usually not so into ribeye, but this one possessed the perfect balance of flavor and tenderness. The sauce and bacon wrap put this dish over the top.

The worse thing I can say about this place is that I had to walk around that large warehouse 2 times before I spotted it. Darn tourist.

• Visited January 2013
Marlboro, New Jersey
“I Love French food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I was so looking forward to going to this place. It was quaint, & warm, however the food was shy of the hype. I would maybe give it another try.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Carrie971
New York City, New York
“Loved everything about this place.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Loved everything about this place. The waitstaff were exceptionally warm and attentive. But it's all about the food. We had Bacon Wrapped Sturgeon and Braised Veal Cheek. Both dishes were phenomenal! They have great wine selection and awesome cocktails.
I recommend this place for a special night out, and I would definitely be back again.

• Visited January 2013
Fresno, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very enjoyable experience, I'll enumerate now...”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant around noon when we were riding our bicycles along the river walk. It was well attended and I thought the people were probably locals since it was a Friday afternoon- good sign, I thought. So we came back  for a late lunch just after four.
What a lovely experience we had sitting on their patio looking at the river (even though it was low at this time) with their sumptuous heaters, wicker chairs that encourage you to sit back and relax and very pleasant French music to listen to. Like much of what we have seen in Napa, it was very clean. Some of the charm of this restaurant was how they cut up their old paper menus and place them under their French Onion Soup bowls as doilies on top of the saucers. They had young olive trees in small clay pots on the white linen tablecloths with  butcher paper and they left a carafe of water on the table for future use.Their cloth napkins were noticeably soft. If I could find any flaw, it would have been the fake candles. I think ones that flickered would have been a step up or better yet, real ones.
Sometimes my husband and I share our salads, but the portions were better for one.  By the way, it was incredible and special-same thing for the French Onion soup with Gruyere cheese. The rest of the food, my chicken with artichoke hearts and my husband's tortellini were fantastic- all with the freshest ingredients. The tortellini had Kabocha squash, pancetta and a compressed apple vinaigrette. For all this greatness, unfortunately there is a high price to pay. Our $75 lunch plus tip only included a non alcoholic drink and a glass of water, but I still recommend Angele.