“Great Food slow service”

Angele Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Angele Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 289 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th St.
Description: Angèle Restaurant & Bar is an intimate restaurant perched above the Napa River. The 155-seat restaurant is the realization of the Rouas family's dream to create a refuge that offers delicious French country foods, wines, and occasions for celebration with friends and family. With all-day service within the 80-seat rustic yet elegant dining room and on the 75-seat riverfront terrace, celebration is ongoing. Together the Rouas family have designed an oasis where a European sensibility of food and wine captures the true essence of joie de vivre.
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stopped in for an early dinner after attending Cabaret at the Napa Valley Opera House. The food as usual was outstanding, beet salad, sturgeon and warm banana dessert. however, the service was painfully slow. Will definitely eat there again but never in a rush. The patio outside is lovely and very comfortable.

There are newer reviews for Angele Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Angele, I wish I could have eaten at your restaurant and gave you a great review but your snooty hostess wouldn't let my wife and I in. She said the restaurant was full and they wouldn't be able to seat us. I looked around and after counting eleven empty tables (about 40%) I looked at her as said "really?" She said yep. Granted I wasn't wearing dress slacks and a button down shirt but my wife and I were suitably dressed I thought. Can't believe the economy is so good that any resaurant can turn away paying customers. We went around the corner to Celedon and spent about $200 on dinner and a nice bottle of wine.

2  Thank Jon G
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is my second visit to Angele, both experiences were wonderful. I try to sit on the covered patio which provides nice views and atmosphere. The three of us tried many of the small plates, Pork Belly, Sweet Breads and we shared Risotto and the Steak and Short Rib dishes. The wine list is farely comprehensive, we were able to always find what we wanted to drink. Service was great as was the quality of food. I highly recommend a visit if just for a snack and a bottle of wine.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We had lunch at Angele and it was not too crowded in the middle of the week. My husband had an excellent soup, and the bread was good. I had a tuna salad that was tasty and filling. The service was good and the view of the river was nice.

1  Thank DFH1967
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Had our anniversary dinner at Angele. We were staying at the Napa River Inn and the location could not have been more perfect. We sat outside on the river, on a beautiful evening. The service, food and wine were great. Will definitely go back!

2  Thank red221