“Cozy, nice cabin(s)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Napa Discovery Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Napa Discovery Inn
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Flekkefjord, Norway
“Cozy, nice cabin(s)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

I had one quiet, nice night. Clean good room. Have all one need. Good situated. Price ok with cupon during week days.
Regards from
Jan Olaf R

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cerritos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

Once cottages for migrant farm workers, this tiny place has small unattached rooms which are top notch. The rooms and grounds are spotless. We found this place in either the room saver or travel coupon guide which are free coupon magazines found at places like Denny's or 7-11. Not sure where we found the coupon books but they sure saved us lots of money on our 7 day trip of Northern CA and Reno. This property has been in the family name for the past 20 years according to the girl at the desk. She was quite helpful and friendly. Included the basic free continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
napadiscoveryinn, Manager at Napa Discovery Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2010
Thanks, we hope you visit us again on your next trip!
Palo Alto, CA, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2010

You can find much better places to go!
This was a last minute trip for me and my husband and I would never recommend this place to any of my friends.
The room smelled very bad and despite the "renovations" they may have made it did not look like any of the pictures of the room from the advertisement.
My husband is 6'1" and he couldn't fit in the shower b/c of the ceiling. The room was not spacious either, definitely not worth my money to go back!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Napa hotels

sarasota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2010

We stayed 1 nite and being on a budget the Napa Discovery Inn met our needs. The room was clean and simple, just what we needed to complete our visit in Napa. They did provide a continental breakfast, but I didnt like their coffee. We even had our own private carport for parking. I have already recommended it to others as a place to stay for a less fancy/budget get away and hope to return sometime. The owners were very nice and accomadating.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Sparks, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2010

I think the Discovery Inn is the best value in Napa. I've stayed there several times. It's clean and quiet (if you ask for a room toward the back) and the Patel family is so accommodating. My room has a newly remodeled bathroom, about 100 cable channels, a fridge, microwave and wireless Internet access. Also love the carport and breakfast (cereal, coffee, juice, bagels, and fruit). While it's not a fancy downtown hotel, it IS a wonderful, moderately priced motel on the Silverado Trail.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Orange, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

I typically don’t judge hotels by the way they look. I’ve stayed at nicer looking places but had an awful sleep and places that didn’t look luxurious and had a great sleep. In the case of this place, it would be the later, non luxurious place but a great night’s sleep. I don’t know if it was the wine we had during the day or the beds but I had one of the best nights sleep at a hotel I’ve had in a long time at this place. The other really cool thing I liked was being able to park my car right next to my room door under a covered spot…very unique! Overall, not bad at all and definitely worth the price. If you want to try something different, check this place out!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
njhotness44
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

Someone else described this place as just the basics, and that's about all you're going to get at the Discovery. There's nothing really to "discover" at the "Discovery Inn" but the Valley and our weekdn trip was great. We checked in the morning (front desk is small but well organized for how little space there is) but were told the room wasn't ready yet. That's fine, it was expected because we had stopped by at 10am. The lady at the desk said the room was empty though so we could put our luggage in the room if we wanted which we did. We stayed in a king and the room itself actually surprised me (for the better) because I was expecting something smaller. I was a little disappointed there was no coffee making items in the room but oh well, once again, just the basics. We grabbed a map from the office, headed out for the day, and visited a few wineries they had suggested (Sterling was my personal fav). Came back to Napa for dinner and then back to the inn for R&R. If you noticed that we didn't spend time at the hotel, well yeah, we didn't. We literally just used the place to sleep and shower because there's nothing at the place itself to do except look at the huge tower in the parking lot (I never figured out what it was but it looked kinda cool).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple