“Does the job”
Review of Napa Discovery Inn

Napa Discovery Inn
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Booked this place after finding it online through google. Prices were decent but when I called, I asked about a AAA and got a rate I couldn't pass up. One of my coworkers stayed too. The office is small but on the hot blistering day it was nice to walk into anything that had air conditioning. The room itself was really hot when I walked in but I art my bags down, turned on the aircon and went down the street to get a bite at the place they reccomened for a drink and food (downtown joes). Overall, it got the job done. Nothing truely to rant or rave about... Free wifi is always a plus in my book though!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 24, 2009

We had a nice stay, the rooms were very clean. The towels were very nice and thick, and the rooms were cozy and the management was very accommodating and kind. Overall, it was a good stay and I would return if in the area in the future.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Honestly, I have stayed at many motel 6's & any of those were ten times better than this hole in the wall. We didn't even bother going to talk to the owner because he was so weird & rude. We just handed him the key, paid for a night we didn't stay there, & stayed at the Napa Valley Lodge. I didn't care if I spent $200 more dollars, because I just wanted to get OUT! Do not stay here! I wish I read these reviews previously. Major tourist TRAPPPPP!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I was traveling to the napa valley, found this nice small hotel, very quite location....I usually have trouble sleeping at night....but this motel was really quite at night....Great staff and great location.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2009

When pulling into the parking lot all I saw were “CAVES” & was extremely skeptical as to whether or not I'd actually stay. Once I saw the small dark room I wanted to leave, but my husband convinced me to stay “It’s only for two nights!” The AC is noisily loud. The TV is on a stand to the side of the bed & is very difficult to watch from the bed. The towels were clean but dingy. The carpet was very dirty; we both had black feet after walking around the tiny room barefoot. The fridge stopped working & defrosted, water everywhere. It was the poorest stay we had on our twelve day trip.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I've been traveling to Napa for business/ leisure for approx 15+ years and have stayed at some of the best hotels in the area. I was traveling alone this time for business so did not need to impress anyone, but wanted comfortable accomdations in a convenient location close to downtown Napa at a "cheap" price- this hotel fit the bill perfectly. It is an older facility, but clean and well maintianed with free wireless access and coffee/bagels in the morn. The owner was helpful with my questions and and courteous in fulfilling my requests. At $95/night including taxes, an unbeatable deal for the accomodations & location- but don't expect to impress a date.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2009

This is a nice hotel in a convenient location. Just a few minutes from downtown Napa. Very affordable, clean rooms, and accommodating service. I would recommend this for anyone wanting a simple and affordable room in a convenient location.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple