“Not so sure about this one”
Review of Napa Discovery Inn

Napa Discovery Inn
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed November 18, 2008

We used hotwire to get this hotel in Napa. I wouldn't highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are a little dingy and relatively clean. The towels had some stains and I thought they could have been a bit cleaner. The breakfast "nook" is a joke - some vending food type pastries, coffee and water cooler is all you will find in this tiny corner near the check in desk.

The biggest issue I had with the place was the location. It's right on the Silverado Trail, but wasn't super close to anything in downtown Napa despite saying that it is within walking distance to COPIA and other locations. There are no sidewalks on the street to town, which made walking to dinner seem like a bad idea.

Honestly, stay in the Travel Lodge. It's closer to everything and should be about the same price.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 25, 2008

I commute alot, from my home to Napa, and with the price of gas these days it was just easier and more affordable to say at a hotel in napa a couple nights a week to save on gas, commute time, wear and tear on my vehicle, and lets not forget to mention the lack of sleep. Discovery Inn has cute little cottage like rooms, you have your own private parking stall, it's almost like a home away from home. The rooms are always clean, the setting is far enough off the main road that you don't get all the road traffic sounds. I really enjoy my stays at Discovery Inn, and I highly recommend them to people who like nice places to stay.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 19, 2008

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the Discovery Inn. The location is in a somewhat run down section of Napa, but for the adventurous it is possible to walk/bike downtown. We were given a fairly large room that was clean. My major complaints are the lack of pillows (one this pilow per person) and a very loud air conditioner. The price fit the accomodations very well in this case.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 17, 2008

I wish I had read these reviews before I booked my room. I can't understand how anyone would rate this motel as a good experience.

The morning of the day I was to arrive at the Inn, Mina contacted me and said that she did not have a room for my group of 4 adults. I said that I had contacted the Inn a week ago and that my reservation had been confirmed. She replied that since I had not talked to her directly, I did not have a room. She then informed me that I could have 2 rooms for my party of 4. I asked that she charge me the price of one room because the Inn had made an error. She replied that I would be charged for 2 rooms. She then said that she could give me a room with a king size bed and charge me for a cot. She said that 3 of us could sleep in a king size bed. I said that was unacceptable and later she called back with a room with 2 queen size beds.

Arriving at the Inn late that evening, I was more than disappointed. Don't be fooled by the photos on the Inn's website. The photos have obviously been enhanced. Rather than a beautiful Ca. sky in the background, picture the industrial section of Napa. Click hybrid on the map on the Inn's site and you will see the true surroundings of the motel. This is not the Napa that is alluded to on their site. I wish I had been more thorough before I had booked my stay.

The Inn is an old Ca. motel that has been "spruced up" on the outside. Before checking in, I peeked through a window and saw that the original furnishings were still there. It looked old and run down, definitely not worth the price being charged. Don't be fooled by the website's description of the tasteful remodeling.

Having seen the room I promptly called Mina and cancelled my stay. She was extremely rude(as she had been earlier that day) and replied that she would charge me for the room. In retrospect, I should have not asked for her to honor my reservation that morning.

Mina did charge me $180 for the room that I did not stay in. After seeing the accommodations and reading the negative reviews on this site, I am glad that I did not stay at the Discovery Inn.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2008

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed June 23, 2008

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed May 16, 2008

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines
#14 of 30 in Napa
8 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Hampton Inn and Suites Napa

Been to Napa Discovery Inn? Share your experiences!