“Decent bargain if you don't want to sleep 4 to a room”
Review of Napa Discovery Inn

Napa Discovery Inn
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I travelled with family of 4 for a quick visit to the valley. I really wanted a private room for my husband and me so I found this inn that seemed to fit the need. I booked 2 rooms next to one another. The rooms were clean and private, although the bathroom was small with a low ceiling - not a problem for us since we're not tall. The beds were comfortable but a little on the firm side. Good quality TV but not enough channels from which to choose. NP, we were out a lot. No real amenities to speak of. We had to leave out early so we couldn't partake in the complimentary continental breakfast which didn't become available until around 7. You could see that this included packaged danishes, a couple cereals and maybe a bagel/toast with presumably coffee. In all, no real complaints except for the rudeness of the lady behind the desk who checked us in. The first time I entered, I grabbed a couple Hershey Kisses on the reception desk, returned to the car at which time I left the kisses with my party, approached the check-in desk the second time and grabbed a couple more since I didn't get enough the first time. The front desk lady said "you already got some" (referring to the kisses). I found it amusing and just told her that these were for my party in the car. Ok I booked two rooms, 4 people - I guess she didn't take that into consideration. Again, good place to stay for the $ if you want privacy when 2+ are travelling. Just don't take too many kisses!!

Room Tip: Room 9 was a good choice as it was an end unit. It has a low ceiling in the bathroom so if you'...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AvidTravellerFromSC
There are newer reviews for Napa Discovery Inn

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Absolutely terrible place to stay. I originally booked (and pre-paid) for five nights; I left after three. The owner/manager was originally helpful, moving my booking to a better room, but the room was infested with bedbugs. I was bitten no less than 80 times all over my legs, back and arms. The hotel owner was completely indifferent about the bites and their cause despite there being obvious signs of bedbugs in the room (if my bites weren’t enough proof), trying to blame me, and as the “hotel was full” I couldn’t change rooms. I left as soon as I could find another free room (hard on the Sonoma Indy Weekend). Hygiene in general was poor, dirty towels left aside for washing were simply re-hung and not replaced. I would never stay there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Dee S
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you want a no-frills, central hotel in Napa, this is the place for you. It's clean, has good coffee, juice and cereal available in the tiny lobby in the morning, flat screen TV, small refrigerator and a working hair dryer and that is about it! But that's all you need, because you won't be there, you will be exploring. This is an old-fashioned retro motor court lodge with comfortable beds and large bathrooms. This place is a bargain. The folks who run the place are very nice. I've stayed there twice in three years. I'd go back for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street, towards the back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Made a quick, last minute trip to wine country that happened to be during crush, so there were almost no hotels available. Napa Discovery Inn had some good reviews, was in convenient location, and reasonably priced, so figured we'd give it a try.

It wasn't fancy; it was more of a simple motel-style room, but, it had a microwave, fridge (nice to store our wine), and free WiFi and simple continental breakfast, which was convenient.

There wasn't anything w/in walking distance, but was just a mile to downtown Napa and the Oxbow Public Market (very cool) and only about 20 minutes to Sonoma.

I don't know - it was a decent place to crash, and was reasonable compared to some of the nice hotels (which were all booked), but not THAT cheap ($160-170/night; if I had paid less, maybe I'd rate it a 3 for value).

Overall, very no-frills, and not worth the price we paid. Don't think I'd stay here again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SDTraveler01
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Impressed with the transformation. I stayed at this place before it was renovated. It was like basic 1950's bed and bath... Now all the rooms have microwave, refrigerators, flat screen TV's , AC/heat and Free WiFi. Everything worked perfectly for me.
These are like little cottages and I parked right next to my room.
I felt so comfortable in my bed with lots of fluffy pillows and contemporary bedding with beautiful golden top sheet and maroon trim.
New ceiling lights, lamps, and sconces to brighten the room. Nicely framed scenic
prints that added color and a peaceful ambiance to the room.
The bathroom had been completely redone with new flooring, bath, vanity, and contemporary fixtures...even the shampoo, conditioner, and cleansing amenities provided a decorative touch.
A continental breakfast with fruit, pastry ,milk, and juice makes it convenient if you were on the go.
In Napa, the lodging can be extremely expensive. This place offers the best deal in it's category. Also, if you stay here longer term or will return to Napa for work, the owner can negotiate with you. The husband and wife who own this place are very kind.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This may be a 60's vintage motel, but we found it clean, with good value for the money. We would stay here again. It is a basic motel but well kept. I found the old style carport parking kind of neat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank d p
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Recently booked a room for relatives, gave my credit card for them to hold it and when the relatives showed up- they had given the room away. It is already highway robbery to pay $189 for this dump in Napa. I live in Napa and I know. But then for them to lie and say they contacted me to find out if I was still wanting the room..... I don't think so. Let me repeat...they had my credit card- what more do they want- are they trying to get double for the room? Bad business, unprofessional. What good is a reservation with this hotel if they decide to resell your room when you are not there by 6 pm????

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family