“Discover a great place to stay in Napa”
Review of Napa Discovery Inn

Napa Discovery Inn
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I called after finding an online booking and they met the price for me over the phone which I appreciated. They also helped set up a great wine tour for us! The rooms are private, parking provided and items available for breakfast. Free wifi! Overall this was a great place to stay as its close to downtown and the staff was very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Dusty S

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I read a lot of reviews on this property. Most were unpleasant. I chalked a lot of that up to snooty patrons trying to get a bargain. My husband and I stayed for three full nights, and had no issues. It was quiet, and comfortable. I am used to roughing it, and thought, so it's an old hotel, there is bound to be a few issues. To be quite frank, we had a very good time here. We found the management to be very friendly They even invited us to watch fireworks with them on 4th of July evening, which we did. I think sometimes people need to be a litle less judgmental, and try a little kindness. The way that people treat you, is a reflection of how you treat them. Thank you for a wonderful get away. We will be back. (cabin 14 :) On a side note. There was a beautiful white and black patchy kitty with green eyes. So pretty. She is wild, but friendly if you like cats. If you see her please be nice :) She has her own routine each evening, and is non-confrontational. We also saw a mother and baby deer walk through the back grassy area. Probably 50 yards from where we were sitting. (There were no goats, as someone else had posted a picture in their review. It must have been posted in anger)

Room Tip: Any room is quiet, but one in the back off the street would be best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Not to bud , clean easy for the location chip in Napa , in the price there is a breakfast 3 px for 145$ , is near the river , the parking is warranty near the room but there is not a big control to the enter

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on our mother-daughter road trip to Napa and Sonoma Valley. We wanted to stay in a simple inexpensive motel so we could put our money into other things like wine tasting! This motel was perfect for this. It is small, quaint and simple but very clean and quiet. I would definitely stay here again. It is a good value in a rather expensive area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank sherylomaha
Reviewed June 1, 2013

With almost any hotel stay one can often find some fault or area for improvement. In my opinion, sometimes these discoveries are understandable and forgivable, sometimes they are not.

Arriving in Napa, California late in the evening without a room reservation my options for affordable accommodations are limited. Searching online, I book one of the last rooms available through "booking.com" at Napa Discovery Inn for $88 per night plus tax about $100 total.

I receive a warm welcome along with a quick check in then head to Room 4.

My first impression of my room with a king size bed was a good one. Although the décor was a bit plain, the room was spacious and what impressed me the most was how clean and spotless it seemed to be.

About to lay down on the right side of the bed my first disappointment comes in seeing large rip marks in the bedding. Next it is seeing two black stain spots on one of the pillows.

I am so exhausted and the bed is so cool to the touch and comfortable that I toss the stained pillow aside and before long I am fast asleep.

Sometime during the night I wonder or dream about how those rip marks got in the bedding. Fortunately, I wake up without one of my worst possibilities being real.

Other than these two things which I could forgive but not quite understand, my stay at Napa Discovery Inn was just fine and I would not be too torn up about staying here again.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 4 until they get new bedding!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

So this was the cheapest place we could find to stay in Napa, so I should complain. but is was very far for the main town. the guy behind the desk was rude and abrupt with us when checking in, and not helpful at all. the room smelled very strongly of bleech, but was clean. but i wouldn't stay here again, i would stay in Sonoma it was alot nicer than Napa.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

2 blocks from main entrance of Napa Fairgrounds - walk to the concert and downtown Napa.Don't expect a Napa Valley cozy little getaway. This place is a pure nuts & bolts, old time, mid-century MOTEL right on the Silverado Trail. Absolutely NO frills. Park right next to your room door and watch out for the semis and tour buses. Wouldn't be good for kids.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Best Western Plus Inn At The Vines
#14 of 30 in Napa
8 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon
Hampton Inn and Suites Napa

Been to Napa Discovery Inn? Share your experiences!