“Regular location for one Night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Napa Discovery Inn

Napa Discovery Inn
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Perugia, Italy
“Regular location for one Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Not to bud , clean easy for the location chip in Napa , in the price there is a breakfast 3 px for 145$ , is near the river , the parking is warranty near the room but there is not a big control to the enter

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on our mother-daughter road trip to Napa and Sonoma Valley. We wanted to stay in a simple inexpensive motel so we could put our money into other things like wine tasting! This motel was perfect for this. It is small, quaint and simple but very clean and quiet. I would definitely stay here again. It is a good value in a rather expensive area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank sherylomaha
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

With almost any hotel stay one can often find some fault or area for improvement. In my opinion, sometimes these discoveries are understandable and forgivable, sometimes they are not.

Arriving in Napa, California late in the evening without a room reservation my options for affordable accommodations are limited. Searching online, I book one of the last rooms available through "booking.com" at Napa Discovery Inn for $88 per night plus tax about $100 total.

I receive a warm welcome along with a quick check in then head to Room 4.

My first impression of my room with a king size bed was a good one. Although the décor was a bit plain, the room was spacious and what impressed me the most was how clean and spotless it seemed to be.

About to lay down on the right side of the bed my first disappointment comes in seeing large rip marks in the bedding. Next it is seeing two black stain spots on one of the pillows.

I am so exhausted and the bed is so cool to the touch and comfortable that I toss the stained pillow aside and before long I am fast asleep.

Sometime during the night I wonder or dream about how those rip marks got in the bedding. Fortunately, I wake up without one of my worst possibilities being real.

Other than these two things which I could forgive but not quite understand, my stay at Napa Discovery Inn was just fine and I would not be too torn up about staying here again.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 4 until they get new bedding!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

So this was the cheapest place we could find to stay in Napa, so I should complain. but is was very far for the main town. the guy behind the desk was rude and abrupt with us when checking in, and not helpful at all. the room smelled very strongly of bleech, but was clean. but i wouldn't stay here again, i would stay in Sonoma it was alot nicer than Napa.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Concord
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

2 blocks from main entrance of Napa Fairgrounds - walk to the concert and downtown Napa.Don't expect a Napa Valley cozy little getaway. This place is a pure nuts & bolts, old time, mid-century MOTEL right on the Silverado Trail. Absolutely NO frills. Park right next to your room door and watch out for the semis and tour buses. Wouldn't be good for kids.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

San Jose, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Napa Discovery Inn may be the worst motel in all of Napa Valley.

The parking lot is exposed, isolated, and dark. The moment I pulled in I started to feel nervous and uncomfortable. (I'm female and I was traveling alone.) My very first thought was "my truck's gonna get broken into."

Check-in was okay, though there was an overpowering smell of curry (to which I am allergic) and loud talking in the room next to the office. They charged my credit card in advance for two nights--that's not normal for motels in this area.

The parking space in front of my room was too small for my compact pickup, but I didn't want to move it because I wanted it blocking the very exposed front window.

The room was much smaller than online photos indicated. It smelled awful and it wasn't overly clean. A desk and fridge were jammed into a tiny dark alcove. Then I heard the distintive whine of mosquitos coming from right above my head. And finally, a large orange and yellow spider sauntered across the night stand.

I'm phobic about bugs in hotel rooms, so I started to panic. I'd seen chain motels on my way to the Discovery Inn, and knew I could get a room elsewhere. So I took my keys back up to the desk and checked out.

The clerk tried to give me another room. When I said no, and described the bug problems, he started yelling at me. He tried to bully/guilt me into staying. It didn't work and I got the hell out of there. Lost the money, but it was worth it to be in a decent motel (the Hawthorne Suites).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank travelswithpain

Travelers are raving about these Napa hotels

Spokane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Napa Discovery Inn is well maintained and clean. The continental breakfast was good and the coffee was excellent. It was an easy hotel to find and is close to downtown Napa. The free high speed wireless internet and free local phone calls were a bonus! Our two day stay was pleasant and comfortable. I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple