“Not a prime location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Singapore
“Not a prime location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is older than it looks like on the web. Location is a bit off. It is near by an auto repair station, surrounding by many banana trees.

I couldnt ask much for the price but overall didnt feel great when staying there.

Also, it isn't a great idea to visit Napa in December either. All the vine trees die so it is not beautiful as you see in the brochure.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank HTNHL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Jose
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The worst place ever!!!
Rude owners and they charged our credit card even though we left after finding another hotel! We smelled GOAT URINE! The bathroom was dirty with hairs around the sink and shower! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read other reviews!!! This is exactly why we have Trip Advisor! Our eyes were burning and my wife wouldnt even step on the carpet! NASTY! The bedspread and the sheets and towels were old and stained. The refrigerator had someone elses old leftover food inside and there was a half eaten burrito in the microwave! We complained within our first five minutes, found another hotel and left and reversed our credit card charges!
THANK YOU TRIP ADVISOR FOR LETTING US USE YOUR WEBSITE TO WARN OTHERS!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lawrence M

Travelers are raving about these Napa hotels

New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This place had bed bugs and all kinds of insects....I got insect bites all over my face. The owner/manager of this place also doesn't acknowledge the fact that this place has bed bugs and insects. Spring was poking out of the spring mattress...which was harmful.

Stay away from this place...please!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Neha G
Topeka, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

When we went to the Visitors Center in Napa, they didn't have this Inn listed in any of their books and the lady didn't know where it was located in Napa. When we asked the person at the desk at Napa Discovery Inn to show us the room before we paid, she wouldn't do it, just said "trust me it is clean" even after we asked several times she won't show it. It was clean but the Inn is old, the bed was comfortable but needed another lamp on the table beside the bed. The internet picture showed two lamps we only had one lamp. The only lamp was broken but when reported the next day, it was fixed. Lights in center ceiling of room and bathroom. The bathroom was large, lots of wasted space, it needed lights above the mirror over the vanity. No kleenex box available, had to buy our own. The small refrigerator was noisy. I'm glad we didn't have to use the air conditioner or heater, not sure how that unit would have done the job. Within the week after we left we notice my husband was missing his "Tilley" hat. Called the Discovery Inn and said "yes, they found it and have it, said to send a self address and stamped mailer they would mail to us. We did send a mailer, self addressed and postage.
Well that didn't happen, never received it. Called them again, said they didn't receive the mailer and it was over 30 days and they weren't responsible. We called at exactly 4 weeks of the day we checked into the Inn. I don't recommend this place as it was a bit expensive, floors slanted and was very basic, should have been cheaper. In fact on the internet I was quoted one price and got there to pay and it was approx. additional $80.00 more. Almost left and wished we had and gone back to Napa Visitors Center. At this time we are out of a "Tilley hat"!!They are not cheap!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia E
Concord, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Second time I've stayed here in the last month and both times were great! This charming little place is perfect for Napa area adventures. We took the wine train and this location was very convenient, less than a mile away. This location is great because its right where Highway 29 meets Silverado Trail. Rooms are clean and newly remodeled. The area is quiet and peaceful. Parking is right next to your room! The continental breadfast is "just enough" to start your day. I would stay again and recommend this place if you are looking for a nice, clean place to stay at night while adventuring in the Napa area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I travel a lot for my company and stay in the Napa/Santa Rosa/San Francisco area quite a bit. I do no book my hotel stays myself, my company does this through websites like priceline and hotels.com, so I had no prior knowledge of any reviews/recommendations of my hotel. I had heard from locals that the Napa Discovery Inn was not the best place to stay. However let me tell you is was a great overall stay. I only stayed two nights (week nights). The rooms were very clean and newly remodeled. The room appeared to have new carpet, painting, bedding and even the bathroom was very modern. Large new TV with dish channels (though not many were available, just the basics). So whatever may have been said about this place is definitely not true today. I would and do recommend this place. My company will continue to do bookings with this establishment. I was completely satisfied and happy with my stay.

Room Tip: If your internet isn't working, just let the owner know and they will give you a different acces...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We spent a night at the Napa Discovery Inn and it was one of the best night's sleep we've had! We've stayed in a LOT of motels in America and this is definitely one of the best.
It's right on the SIlverado Trail so it's perfect for wine tastings - the manager was really helpful, letting us check in early and helping us to sort out bike hire/the best wine-tasting routes to take.
The room was small but had everything you need, was well laid out and most importantly it was CLEAN. You could eat your dinner off the floor! The bed was lovely and comfortable, fresh linen and we had the best night's sleep - even though the accommodation is on one of the main roads, it's set far enough back that you don't hear any traffic noise at all. Perfect.
There's free WiFi (great for researching the many nearby wineries) and the contintental breakfast hit the spot too. Yes, it's not palatial (how much time do you plan to spend in your room anyway when you're in Napa??) and the breakfast isn't massive, but it definitely did the job and we were more than happy with the service and the room. Great value for money and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in room nine - I heard a guy in Reception raving about room sixteen too...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple