“a changed place!”
Review of Napa Discovery Inn

Napa Discovery Inn
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I travel a lot for my company and stay in the Napa/Santa Rosa/San Francisco area quite a bit. I do no book my hotel stays myself, my company does this through websites like priceline and hotels.com, so I had no prior knowledge of any reviews/recommendations of my hotel. I had heard from locals that the Napa Discovery Inn was not the best place to stay. However let me tell you is was a great overall stay. I only stayed two nights (week nights). The rooms were very clean and newly remodeled. The room appeared to have new carpet, painting, bedding and even the bathroom was very modern. Large new TV with dish channels (though not many were available, just the basics). So whatever may have been said about this place is definitely not true today. I would and do recommend this place. My company will continue to do bookings with this establishment. I was completely satisfied and happy with my stay.

Room Tip: If your internet isn't working, just let the owner know and they will give you a different acces...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We spent a night at the Napa Discovery Inn and it was one of the best night's sleep we've had! We've stayed in a LOT of motels in America and this is definitely one of the best.
It's right on the SIlverado Trail so it's perfect for wine tastings - the manager was really helpful, letting us check in early and helping us to sort out bike hire/the best wine-tasting routes to take.
The room was small but had everything you need, was well laid out and most importantly it was CLEAN. You could eat your dinner off the floor! The bed was lovely and comfortable, fresh linen and we had the best night's sleep - even though the accommodation is on one of the main roads, it's set far enough back that you don't hear any traffic noise at all. Perfect.
There's free WiFi (great for researching the many nearby wineries) and the contintental breakfast hit the spot too. Yes, it's not palatial (how much time do you plan to spend in your room anyway when you're in Napa??) and the breakfast isn't massive, but it definitely did the job and we were more than happy with the service and the room. Great value for money and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in room nine - I heard a guy in Reception raving about room sixteen too...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Anyone who gives this hotel a bad review is just upset because they were expecting the Ritz. If you're in Napa and want a great location (just one mile from downtown area with all the restaurants and shops) and just a place to crash after visiting multiple wineries during the day, then this is the place for you. The room was clean and even had satellite TV. Covered parking for each room and directly outside your door was a definite plus. Staff was friendly and this place was perfect for a couple nights in Napa. You're not in Napa to spend your time at the hotel anyways. It was a great value and much closer to downtown than ANY pricier hotel we had looked at. We will definitely book this hotel again when we return to Napa and would recommend it to a friend!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cmmorefield
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went wine tasting in Napa and needed a place to stay cheap. Price was very reasonable compared to other motels in area. Owners said that they have owned it for 25 years so it is dated but my room was kept up and clean and decent carpet.Had satellite TV which was a plus over other more pricey hotels with basic minimum channels. No snack machines except Pepsi and ice. Rooms did not have in room coffee which I think is a must. Breakfast was very basic with wrapped rolls, bagels and bread. Had 2 cereals and instant oatmeal, bananas and coffee and tea. But hey with something to get you started early it was OK. You can always go to a fancy restaurant and pay plenty for the same type of items. It did have a lot of covered parking which was nice. In the back of the motel I saw a wild deer grazing which was a treat. It is at the start of the Silverado Wine Trail so that was a plus. All in all i would stay there again for the price and convenience. When done wine tasting and eating all you want to do is sleep anyway.

Room Tip: Stay here and save your money for good wine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is a great find. My husband and I came to go up in a hot air balloon and we needed 2 nights. Not many rooms available so he booked us at Napa Discovery Inn. Really cute! It isn't a palace...it is small. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable. Satellite TV was an unexpected bonus. Refrigerator with freezer compartment, microwave...all good. We loved the fact that our car was right outside the door. No shared walls with other rooms so it was quiet. The manager was very personable and I am sure if we had a problem he would have been eager to solve it...but we had no problems! Only thing I think was missing was a bathtub (shower only - but it is a spacious shower) but I never use the tub anyway. Very good value. Good for newlyweds (no shared walls -wink, wink)!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D Z
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had to stay near by for work in Napa, and I booked this place through hotwire; I really only need a place to lay down my head, so I was not picky. The fee for the night was $150, which is very pricey considering what you actually get: a dingy, smelly, moldy hotel room, and the complimentary breakfast is more like ready-bought pastries.

What happened was, I accidentally left my valuable Tempurpedic Pillow - also worth $150 in the room and the problem is, I live over 2 hours away and will not return until July. I contacted the owner/manager/rude person Andy and tried to arrange a pick-up through USPS, UPS, FEDEX - all in which did not work because Andy refused to cooperate with me. I even offered to Pay for it to be shipped just to have my pillow back because I get back pains and neck pains.

After numerous failed attempts and frustration, the only thing I got was bad attitude and rudeness from Andy. I got busy with work, so I didn't get a chance to arrange the pick up planned for July even though I told him I would be back in July. He probably didn't hear this because he was too busy arguing on the other end. Never during our exchange did he mention that the Housekeeping are instructed to throw away items after 30 days. He never called to notify me that he would throw away my pillow. He threw away my $150 pillow.

When I phoned today, he said: "I don't have any pillow" and tried to pretend he forgot all about this.

Please save yourself from being abused by a petty, cheap, inconsiderate inn owner.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We paid $77/nite for a place near lots of wineries and near middle of town (<1-mile). The motel room itself was a 2-star level, but the price plus lcation plus nice manager made it worth recommending. No real amenities to speak of othe than free Dish TV. But then agin, we spent 8am to 8pm wine tasting and dining that all we needed was a quiet place to crash.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple