“This is a great place to...”
Review of Zuzu

Zuzu
Ranked #5 of 289 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Portuguese, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed March 31, 2009

This is a great place to grab something small in downtown Napa. The beet salad and spaghetti squash are FABULOUS but skip the paella for a better meal. It was noisy around 8:30 so if you are looking for quiet go a little earlier. Still the attitude was fun and vivacious and the meal was great!

There are newer reviews for Zuzu

Reviewed March 13, 2009

The place is cramped and they don't take reservations, so we had to wait for 1 hour for a table for 2 :( Wine is over-priced. Plates are very small. First 4 tapas we tried were nothing special at all. I did enjoy the lamb though. I will not be back and will not recommend this restaurant to my friends.

Reviewed March 11, 2009

we waited longer than expected, and the waitress wasn't exactly friendly. food was pretty good, a little overpriced. place had a good vibe to it though.

Reviewed March 1, 2009

As a Napa native, we watch restaurants come and go. It's sad to see a good place go bad. That sort of happened with Zuzu. First the staff, and then the food, went south.
I'm happy to say they've turned it around again! It use to be one of my favorite spots! Sis and I went there for lunch last week when it's not so crowded. We ordered clams, ceviche, flat iron steak and spinach salad. With wine, it came to around $70. The service was great, but then again, it wasn't too crowded. I think only 5 other tables were full. If you go for dinner, many times it's standing room only as the young crowd takes over the bar area. I wonder if the last poster went for dinner?
Anyway - if it's been a while since you've gone to Zuzu, do try it again. I think you'll like it!

1  Thank vingale
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Very poor service. The food was decent, some things better than others. But we ordered our tapas and were left the menu to order more. Except the waiter never came back until it was too late and we had just been sitting there without drinks or food for a while. So he brought the desert menu and disappeared again for over 15 minutes. We left without desert