“Great Food”
Review of Celadon

Celadon
Reserve with OpenTable
Celadon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 286 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fifth St.
Description: Enjoy Celadon's award-winning 'Global Comfort Food' in our beautiful dining room or on the lovely courtyard. The seasonally influenced menu features flavors from the Mediterranean, Asia, and the Americas. We are located in the heart of downtown Napa in the Historic Napa Mill.
Capitola, CA
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 20, 2005

Great Food! The different flavors were amazing! Great curry soup, beef satay, cocunut shrimps!

Outside dining somewhat romantic.. good service ... highly recomend based on the food.

1 Thank mbattey14

Houston
“Loved Celadon!”
Reviewed July 5, 2005

My husband and I had dinner here on June 30, 2005, and thought it was wonderful!!! Hubby said the crab cake appetizer was the best he'd ever had (and i have to agree!) The food overall was great, the staff were great, and the ambiance was also great. We sat outside near the fire, which really set the mood. Would definitley go here again next time we're in Napa!

5 Thank sheilapkw
Illinois
“My husband's favorite meal ever!”
Reviewed July 3, 2005

Actually, we were at Celadon a few years ago, but I just recently discovered Tripadvisor, and wanted to post our review of this great restaurant.

It was our last night in CA, and we did not have reservations. We were going to eat at a steakhouse nearby, but their hostess was rude, so we left, and walked over to Celadon.

We were seated immediately, and were served almost as quickly (we told them we had a long drive to the airport ahead of us). Everything was prepared to perfection, and my husband now uses his meal as a standard for all others!

We highly recommend Celadon!

Scottsdale, AZ
“Great food, service started out shaky”
Reviewed March 25, 2005

We had a reservation at Celadon but the tables were full when we arrived. The hostess apologized, saying it would be a few minutes. We waited in the bar and she came by, pointed to a table of diners getting ready to leave and said "You will be next, there is your table." A few minutes later we were dismayed to see her snub us and take another couple to that table! When I inquired about "our table" she snootily told me that she did NOT say that was our table, but we would have it soon. RUDE! Fortunately the food made up for it. Macadamia crusted goat cheese was to die for. My husband's pork chop was the best either of us has had. My ahi tuna was amazing as well. An excellent piece of fish and cooked perfectly. The food was outstanding, we would return.

Sunnyvale, CA
“The perfect pork chop!”
Reviewed March 1, 2005

My wife and I visited Celadon on a Saturday evening in February 2005. We've never felt more welcome in a fine restaurant. Even though we had a reservation, the restaurant was full, and diners weren't leaving. So we had to wait about 15 minutes for a table. The manager personally brought us glasses of complimentary champagne and chatted with us while we waited.

When we took our table, the waitress was equally attentive and seemed genuinely happy that we could visit for the evening (rare in my experience). We ordered the crab cake for an appetizer. We've sampled crab cakes from San Francisco to Boston, and this dish, with its spattering of roasted corn kernels, was unique and delicious. For the entree, I ordered the pork chop, and my wife ordered the filet. I don't recall much about my wife's filet because the pork chop knocked me off my chair. Best pork chop I've ever had, bar none. It came with fingerling potatoes and a spinach with tiny bits of onion, everything hot as a pistol when it arrived.

Glowing as she sipped a particularly good pinot noir, my wife agreed that we were having extraordinary luck with our dinner. For dessert, we shared a simple apple crisp with a vanilla bean sorbet. Once again, the dish was perfect. The apple crisp was sweet, but not too sweet, baked but not overbaked. The sorbet complemented it perfectly.

Surprisingly, Celadon is very affordable. While I was eating, I kept thinking, "They could charge a lot more for food this good!" We visited several of the "big name" restaurants during our trip to Wine Country. Celadon is the one we'll remember.

4 Thank Mr. Carry-On