“napa gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Napa Valley Bistro

Napa Valley Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Napa Valley Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Description: At Napa Valley Bistro we strive to meet your needs by offering great food and service while promoting our basic beliefs: local, sustainable, organic... AND AFFORDABLE! Our food is elevated bistro-style American cuisine, and our wine list compliments our menu by focusing on Napa Valley vintners.
Napa, California, USA
“napa gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

napa valley bistro is a hidden gem. Around the corner from Main St, but worth the short walk. Attentive (but not overbearing) service. Reasonably priced, varied menu with several vegetarian options, fresh ingredients, & creatively prepared. As a local, NV Bistro will definitely be one of our regular visits.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Allison484

Vacaville, California
“You must taste these treats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were waiting to be seated & lucky enough to get menu recommendations from the chef's wife & she was spot on. Everyone was friendly & well mannered in a genuinely friendly way vs. the snooty vibe that Napa has acquired. Every appetizer for lunch was amazing. One of the best culinary experiences in a while & I'm a foodie looking exactly for this kind of experience. The restaurant was well decorated, nice menu presentation, friendly sincere staff. I highly recommend & can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Got2flo
Fairfax, Virginia
“Delicious dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

When you are traveling, it is kind of luck of the draw to hit upon a good restaurant. The blue corn tortilla crusted halibut dinner I had was mouth-watering. It was just plain perfect! We were here on Father's Day and live very, very far from here. I have dietary restrictions and the waitress was able to give my needs to the chef and he created similar but more appropriate sides and cooking styles for my needs. The waitress was very knowledgeable. My only criticism is that she didn't offer any breads before or during dinner, which I love to have. She acknowledged my suggestion as something to add to the menu or for her to tell her customers ahead of time for the future. My husband and SIL both had (I believe) the grilled flat iron steak, which was very tender and delicious, but my husband said to me that it wasn't a very large portion for him. My daughter had another meat dish which escapes me at this time--I think it was ribs, but there were no bones; it came piled high like a little mountain. Whatever it was, it was very tasty and she managed to eat the entire dish. The halibut I had was very filling. We also shared appetizers: sea bass cakes (yummy) and vegetarian rolls in rice paper, which I really liked, but not sure if everyone else at our table enjoyed them as much as I did. I also had a very tasty house salad. The tres leches and vanilla bean natilla was a delicious ending to the meal, which I indulged in a taste of. I had the sorbet, which was also very good. We also had wine--which is essential, especially in Napa! While we were here for dinner and a special time, the menu is quite extensive and includes small plates and burgers, also.

Napa, California
“You gotta try this palce”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Wow! we really love this place. Jennifer and Gerardo are such a winning pair.
First bottle no corkage fee is a plus but the real delight is the amazing food.
Service is probably the best we have experienced in a great while. Very attentive and knowledgeable servers make this a wonderful dining experience.
No unhappy guests here!

1 Thank LNSguy
SF Bay Area
“A Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

This new eatery in downtown Napa was a great find for us. We visit Napa Valley fairly often and are always looking for new place for dinner. We choose this place during our last visit and we're delighted we did.
We were warmly greeted and immediately seated (we had reservations). The service was friendly, efficient and laid back. The food was good and well explained. Another huge plus: no corkage fee!

• Visited May 2014