“meet meat”
Review of Cole's Chop House

Cole's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Cole's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 307 Restaurants in Napa
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl St
Reviewed November 9, 2013

How can this meat place be ranked #1 with all the other finer restaurants that are in Napa, I do not know. It is expensive for sure and the decor and service is fine but not exceptional. The food is good but not exceptional for the Napa Valley. It has high grade meat that is overpriced. Look around you can do better.

3  Thank bigtrek
Write a ReviewReviews (1,313)

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Made reservations well in advance but still had to wait quite a bit with that said that was the only problem of the evening. The staff was friendly, welcoming and knowledgable. My husband and I both ordered the Chops house caesar was good but nothing spectacular, the filet was excellent cooked a perfect medium rare! My husband ordered the porterhouse which was very expensive but outstanding and again cooked to perfection. We were absolutely stuffed after our meal but decided to split the vanilla bean creme brulee (which was outstanding) while we finished our bottle of Caymus. Which brings me to the one major suggestion I have for someone visiting Napa Valley...the wine list was vast but well organized. The bottle we ordered was definitely overpriced. We paid $145.00 for a bottle of Caymus, which normally costs about $85.00. I would recommend bringing a good bottle from one of local wineries you visit and pay the $25.00 cork fee. The restaurant is pricey for a steakhouse but to dine in historic downtown Napa with great food, fun location and excellent steak was well worth it!

2  Thank Liz K
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Cole's is the place for steaks in Napa.

Great location and the service was superb.

Have eaten there several times, and never disappointed.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Maybe I'm jaded because I come from the midwest and we have access to the best beef, but the steak I had at the Cole's Chop House was just blah. I had a rib-eye and the meat was actually tough and didn't have a lot of flavor. All the sides dishes were good, but for the money, the culinary experience was below par, especially for the prices.

2  Thank Monty H
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Bar = high priced and average. The food...really just standard steak house fare. I really can't figure out why this is ranked first in Napa. It's pricey and similar to what you can get at any other steak place. Sorry but, they missed the mark with me. Mediocre service too. Go to Celadon instead.

2  Thank strongarmlaw