“Just average”
Review of Cole's Chop House

Cole's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Cole's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 289 Restaurants in Napa
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl St
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Maybe I'm jaded because I come from the midwest and we have access to the best beef, but the steak I had at the Cole's Chop House was just blah. I had a rib-eye and the meat was actually tough and didn't have a lot of flavor. All the sides dishes were good, but for the money, the culinary experience was below par, especially for the prices.

2  Thank Monty H
There are newer reviews for Cole's Chop House

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Bar = high priced and average. The food...really just standard steak house fare. I really can't figure out why this is ranked first in Napa. It's pricey and similar to what you can get at any other steak place. Sorry but, they missed the mark with me. Mediocre service too. Go to Celadon instead.

2  Thank strongarmlaw
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Surf and Turf was very tasty. The steak was cooked to our liking. The family style sides were exceptional. We had the hash browns with onions and creamed spinach. More than enough for the two of us. Nice selection of wines. Overall, a bit pricey.

4  Thank Roy F
Reviewed October 31, 2013

If you're looking for a high end steak house this is the best in the Napa Valley. With that said it is not in the same class as the high end houses in San Francisco, at least to me. I like the atmosphere at Coles better though. This place does it very good though. I've eaten here a number of times and it is consistently good.

4  Thank TiamoItalia
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited Napa for two nights, ate at Cole's both nights! Napa is a quiet town and Cole's seemed to be the most bustling place on a Monday night. The service was exceptional as were the prawns and warmed Brie starters. The filet mignon were the best we have ever tasted. The place has such a great atmosphere and the waiters are incredibly friendly but not obtrusive. It is pricey but seems to be in keeping with other restaurants in Napa. Can't wait to get back to this place!

4  Thank Mayo-Ire