“Perfect Anniversary Meal”
Review of Cole's Chop House

Cole's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Cole's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 289 Restaurants in Napa
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl St
Reviewed October 9, 2012

When researching where to eat for our actual anniversary dinner I stopped when I came across Cole's. My husband is a huge steak guy, so I knew this was the place for him. He enjoyed the grilled shrimp app, hash browns and 16oz NY strip, I had the Caesar salad and 8oz NY strip with mashed potatoes, mushrooms and a glaze (one of the specials for the night) For dessert we shared crème brulee. Everything was amazing.

I highly recommend reservations. I made a our 7:30 Friday night reservation weeks in advance. While waiting we overheard there was a 2 1/2 hour wait, and they were already booked from Saturday to Monday night that weekend.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great steak house. This place knows how to cook and take care of customers. Everything was perfect. I had the 20 oz steak. My wife had the filet. Our waiter was a true professional. We brought our own wine in. The will gladly open up a bottle for a $25 bucks. So bing something good or they have a very nice selection for you to choose from. The building is very elegant and stylish. If in Napa, this is the place for food

I will be back

Reviewed October 6, 2012

is Cole's, hands down. been more than a few times, and the service is impeccable, the upstairs dining a bit quieter than downstairs, and we LOVE Patrick. if you can, ask for him, he's fantastic.

generous tastes for staff usually result in a waived corkage, and the steaks are flat out good. the appetizers are varied and always tasty.

love this place.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I'm a regular visitor to Napa (I live nearby so can you blame me?) with a love for exceptional food and wine. The first time coming here I had no idea what I was in for....now, I can't get enough of the place!

Sure, this is a steakhouse, but a steakhouse with character, flair, class, baby! Whether sitting at the bar (where you can get everything on the menu and a little bit more...the bartenders had me sample a variety of new creations) downstairs or upstairs, the service is good, the alcohol wonderful, and the food is great! Jim, the sommelier, knows his wines, has almost never led me astray, and when he did, took the wrong wine away and brought me something else that was superb!

The appetizers at Cole's are very good. Whether it's Oysters Rockefeller, Grilled Mexican White Prawn Cocktail, or Warm Brie, the yum factor here is a great place to begin.

Personally, I like to begin with a classic wedge salad which harkens to a typical steakhouse and is so good it gets my palate roaring! But the real difficult choice for anyone who comes here is what to order for a main course! The steaks melt in your mouth, the chops are thick and top grade, and even the fish is great. There is an old saying that goes like this: "Never order fish at a steakhouse and never order steak at a fish place." That phrase doesn't work here. The cuts of meat at Cole's are first rate, period!

And then there are the sides. Mercy me, not only are they good, but there are served family style.

Heck, and just when you think you're done, there are those tempting desserts. How good are they? Well, my wife always orders the Bread Pudding before anything else. With all that in your gut, you'll roll out of this place a happy camper! Wow factor is high!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

From the appetizers to the drinks to our main dishes, everything was amazing! A friend of mine recommended this place and I'm sure had he did. We really did have a fabulous time and really enjoyed our meals. The next time we are in Napa, we will be back!!