“Good dining experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Catering inquiries please call or email
Description: Napa's unique nightly live music scene. Energetic and vibrant.
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went on recommendation from the concierge at the Andaz Hyatt Hotel with my husband to celebrate my birthday. The ambience is great, cute, not stuff at all and the staff os very friendly. The restaurant is divided into two sections, a bar side with a lot of table seating and room for a band and the other is more for for families.

The menu is small but sufficient. We ordered the goat cheese and pear salad and fried risotto balls to start. Great way to start the meal, we also ordered a carafe of their house red. Smooth and tasty. For entrees my husband ordered the salmon which sat on top of mashed potatoes and grilled brussell sprouts. I had the linguine with clams and white wine broth. Both very tasty and light. Almost every restaurant we go to we have the apple crisp/tart for desert, this was the best we've had.. ever! It was served warm with vanilla gelato on top. Great way to end the meal.

All the while, a jazz trio played live music and really set the tone for the evening.

Overall a great dining experience. Would recommend this restaurant to a friend.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Uva had an ad for Wogyu Kobe Burger panini, fries & a pint for $10. We entered the restaurant, told them we were here for the special and were advised it was for dinner only. Nothing on the flyer or in the paper mentioned that. We stayed, unfortunately. We go out to lunch 2 or more times a week, so are not new to Napa restaurants. Two of us ordered a prime rib panini with minestrone soup, the other a meatball panini and the soup. The soup was "THE WORST" I have ever had and the others agreed. I am still trying to get the taste of oregano out of my mouth. We were expecting a panini. I don't believe there is a panini press on the block. Service was poor. This is a beautiful restaurant that has been in the area for nearly 13 years. I have eaten here a few times and never was impressed, but today it was horrendous. I have ever written a bad review on tripadvisor, but I had to do this. Sorry, Uva, you were bad.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We split a delicious spinach salad, then had excellent entrees (risotto special and penne pasta with homemade sausage and mushrooms), and split a yummy dessert (vanilla bread pudding, rum raisin gelato).

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just ok. This place was recommended to us but for the price, it was just ok. The best part was the chocolate dessert.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Wow, upon entering this local hang out you knew this was a great place. Packed out with loads of photos on the walls.. They have a live 2 piece combo playing jazz mix.It was a little loud, but good. Food was amazing, wine was great..