“Lovely view from the rooftop terrace”
Review of The Thomas at Fagiani's - CLOSED

The Thomas at Fagiani's
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd Street
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We enjoyed great classic cocktails at the bar downstairs while waiting for our table at the Thomas on the rooftop. Our meal was delicious especially their fresh baked herb bread. Though the food was great we were a little disappointed in our service. It took a long time to get our food and when we had asked for a correction in one of our drinks the waiter forgot and we had to get it done ourselves. It may have been they were just very busy that night. The food and view are worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for The Thomas at Fagiani's

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were staying at the Nap River Inn and this came recommended and was withing walking. Not necessarily set up for a romantic evening but it is clean and neat on the inside. Noise from other tables was at a minimum level..Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and the kitchen staff was able to handle a food allergy without a hitch, Everything from appetizers to dessert tasted wonderful. We had a very pleasant evening and would not hesitate to go back when we return to the area

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Two of us had a nice lunch on the roof-top of the Thomas. Few of the other tables were enjoying a huge sandwich that turned out to be the BLAT. We split this with a basket of fries and some cold adult beverages. The sandwich was a creative spin on the old BLT with an avocado. Many other items were on the brunch menu that looked & sounded delicious. Except for the poor, erratic service, the food was great. Place is new & very upscale with 3 floors of eating & drinking. Definitely worth a second try to see if the wait staff have improved.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Tried to have dinner here but sadly, it was not meant to be. We came in spontaneously without a reservation, so we were not able to get a rooftop table, but the dining room had a nice atmosphere. Initially, the waiter was quite attentive when we were trying to decide on wine and dinner choices. I decided on the flat iron steak and he suggested I order a "starch" to "round out" the meal. I agreed and ordered fries. My friend decided to go with the chorizo appetizer and the twice baked potato and we also ordered the heirloom tomato salad to share. The salad came...Then the twice baked potato...Then my fries showed up...Then we waited over an hour for the remainder of our meal and ended up sharing the fries because we were so hungry. The waiter literally disappeared and I had to flag down another server to let him know how long we had been waiting. He went to check on our order and apparently the chef had forgotten to make it. The food that we actually received was good, but I think there are serious communication problems between the staff in the front and the kitchen. I noticed that the patrons at the tables on either side of us also seemed to be either receiving items piecemeal or not at all. I felt like I was on an episode of Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. The manager apologized and waived the cost of the food and drinks that we did receive. Although I was angry at the time, I think their heart is in the right place. The Thomas has the potential to be quite good if they can get their issues sorted out.

1  Thank mlb310
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have had wonderful experiences several times at Fagiani's. The sommelier is extremely helpful and friendly and informed in regard to wine choices. I usually sit at the bar and so have many terrific and fun conversations with the bartenders. In my opinion, the food is delicious, especially the spicy toasted broccoli along with all of their entrees. Upstairs has a great outdoor deck that overlooks Napa Valley. When I have arrived early before for lunch, they have politely let me work at a table while awaiting a while for my other guests.