“Beautiful View, Great Food”
Review of The Thomas at Fagiani's - CLOSED

The Thomas at Fagiani's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd Street
Ottawa
“Beautiful View, Great Food”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We came here after a full day of traveling and were so happy when we reached the roof top patio and were given great, comfortable seats with a spectacular view. A perfect end to a long day. The wine was local and delicious and I had the steak and my husband the burger and we loved both of them. The absolute best though were the donuts, the best I have ever had, I still think about them.

Unlike others have said about the service, our server was very good, the host was just OK he seemed a bit pretentious...but on the whole the evening was a very pleasant experience.

• Visited May 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Cool Spot & Good Cocktails”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Thomas is a nice change of pace for Napa - good cocktails and beer list. Our service was paaaainfully slow, but the food was great. Definitely recommend to anyone who may be feeling a little wined out.

Visited March 2013
Napa, California
“Snobby; confusing food selections”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Really nice interior and outdoor dining area on the top floor. Beautiful views. Too bad they tend to judge you the moment you enter.If you're dressed in trendy clothing and look chic then you're in business!! This, after all, is Napa Valley, not Manhattan! Drinks are creative but way overpriced and very small. The food was confusing and not very tasty. We spent a ton of $$$$ and were very very disappointed and would probably never go back. I guess it's could be considered a great place if you go out to be 'seen'.

Visited March 2013
Altoona, Iowa
“Extremely Rude”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our party of 10 was extremely excited to try Fagiani's. We were recommended the restaurant by some vineyard owners the previous day. Yes, our party was loud, excited to be away from our kiddos for a few nights and celebrating my birthday, but we were not disrespectful or drunk. When one of our friends went up to the bar to order a drink, the bartender with the curly mustache told us we needed to leave because we were too drunk. We had only had one drink prior to coming into the establishment!!!! The hostesses were extremely apologetic and was genuinely shocked the bartender said this to us. After going to other establishments we were told #1 they were crazy to turn us away, we spent $$$$ and #2 they were not surprised by the disrespectfulness of the bartender at Fagiani's. To make matters worse, my sister ran into this same bartender with his partner later that night. He recognized her and pointed at her. She stopped and asked why he would have put such a damper on our night by doing that. She explained it was our first night out, celebrating a birthday and everyone was just really excited and apologized for being loud. He smirked and told her he might allow a second chance!!! I did contact The Thomas about the situation. They were extremely apologetic for the bartenders behavior, and offered to buy us all drinks the next night, which we declined. I would definitely NOT recommend Fagiani's if the bartender with the black curly mustache is still there!

• Visited May 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Unbelievable Donuts”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The meal was fantastic - all the food and drinks were great but I will never forget the donuts. Although we were full, we ordered a basket of donuts for dessert to share and they came to the table warm and sugary - absolutely devine! I think I dreamt about them that night!
Thank you too for the lovely corner/booth table. We had a perfect view of everything going on in the restaurant.

Visited May 2013