“Yummy!”

Bistro Don Giovanni
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Don Giovanni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 289 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 29
Reviewed October 24, 2005

Everything from the service to the food to the wine was wonderful! WE LOVED IT! Not too pricey for great food. Try the ravioli!

There are newer reviews for Bistro Don Giovanni

A TripAdvisor Member
Napa, CA
Reviewed October 19, 2005

I live in Napa, and eat out often. I have gone here a couple times and was not impressed with the service, nor the food. The last time I went we went for my boyfriends parents' 50th wedding anniversary. After waiting 45 minutes after our reservation, we were seated. We ordered our drinks right away, as well as our appetizers, but didn't get them for about another 45 minutes. We waited 15 minutes for water also. The experience was horrible, we finally were eating our dinner at about 10:30pm, when our reservation was made for 7:30. We spoke with the manager after waiting 30 minutes for our salads (we only had 3 total) and he got them immediately, but he never checked on us again. this was the absolute worst service i have ever had in the valley. we were not high maitenance, and there were only 6 of us. Plus, my 6 year old son ordered pizza, but the server didn't bring it out first, and was an hour before he got his pizza, even though we asked for it to come out first!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 27, 2005

This is probably my favorite place to take tourists form out of town. My husband and I think that it is fun and casual enough to bring our kids. We make reservations for the patio and order them a pizza with french fries. The salads and desserts are excellent, so try to stay for several courses. You can walk out to the organic garden and smell the fresh rosemary or peak at the vineyard. Ignore the highway and focus on the sunset or garden! Our European relatives from Spain really enjoyed the casual country chic setting. Many people wear jeans and drive expensive cars. There are many locals mixed in with tourists. It was very busy the last Sunday of early September and the outside weather was refreshing. I highly recommend the peach salad with marcona almonds! Que Rico! The staff is very friendly and knowledgable without being pretentious.

3  Thank mkultra
Reviewed August 1, 2005

Have to admit we had a big lunch earlier so we only ordered a pizza (shared) and a salad for dinner. Both were good but the wine list seemed to be very expensive. By the time we finished the noise level was un-believable. This is not the place for a quite romantic evening.

Reviewed June 21, 2005

This is a beautiful restaurant. It has a nice outdoor seating area around a fountain as well as a deck with good shading and nice tables. The prices are a bit stiff, but we looked forward to a celebratory meal. We decided on a pasta dish without the other additional antipasta and so forth. It think that was a mistake as far as our waiter was concern. When we did not choose from the various courses his interest in us took a snooze. We had to ask repeatedly for bread and oil, water, coffee, etc. We observed he was quite attentive to tables that were having serveral courses and probably heavy tabs to come. The food was quite good and the Tiramisu was out of this world. I would certainly go again, but I'd look for a different waiter.

2  Thank RexGermanorium