“Great for al fresco dining”

Bistro Don Giovanni
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Don Giovanni is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 283 Restaurants in Napa
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 29
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“Great for al fresco dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

What a terrific patio...it overlooks their garden and sculptures, which are both beautiful. The restaurant is very engaging inside and out. Inside you also have a nice view---the kitchen, behind some windows.

I had a pepperoni pizza that was really good. Nice crispy crust around the edges; chewy and tender in the middle. I wasn't sure about the zucchini slices on it at first, but they tasted just fine and added to the pizza. My wife had a pasta and rose-type sauce with mushrooms that she enjoyed but wasn't thrilled about. As others have said, in the realm of Napa restaurants, not the best, but certainly a great place to enjoy nice food.

Our server was very helpful with the menu items and our service was prompt, even though the place was quite busy.

• Korean first
Costa Mesa, California
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I've been coming to Napa Valley each year for many years. I discovered this restaurant about 12 years ago. I have to say, it never disappoints! I love the food, the atmosphere, and the wonderful staff who always aims to make each visit a memorable occasion. My last visit was two weeks ago and the food was, once again, beautifully prepared and presented. The pork chop was a five star. Don't miss it if you are heading to that area. It is in the south part of the valley, just north of Napa city.

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Okay; Nice Patio”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Everyone told us we had to eat here while in Napa. It was a lovely space with a great patio -- you should reserve a table outside. Inside the tables were a bit cramped, but there were beautiful flowers and a friendly staff. We sat at the bar to have more space and get out of the main floor. The bartenders were very attentive. It was a nice break from wine drinking to have some creative cocktail options.The bread was delicious and dinner was good. Nothing out-of-this-world, but I may have had my expectations too high. I think this would be amazing if you were not spoiled by awesome dining options in your own home city.

San Francisco, California
“Great Ambiance-kinda bland food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

OK, the food is good, but it's always struck me as bland. The service can be a bit pressed when the tourists slam the place, but it's good service, and the overall experience is a good one-but compared to the competition, the food isn't exactly memorable. Soap Opera factor VERY HIGH.

Visited July 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Captivating experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

My mom and I parked for our 8:30 reservation and immediately were awestruck by the twinkling lights and warm atmosphere. We were seated immediately in Ruth's section and were impressed with her enthusiasm, knowledge and recommendations. The pistatio and avacado salad was delicious and unique. Based on Ruth's suggestions we ordered a chicken dish and she was happy to split it for us at the table. The rubarb rustico desert with house made vanilla gelato is a MUST!!! I am normally not a fan of gelato but it was phenomenal! Ruth also escorted us to the courtyard complete with fountain, sculptures and twinkling lights and offered to take a few pictures of us. We were clearly her last table but she took the time to make sure we had a memorable experience all around. This place will be difficult to top in Napa!